Me 109 F4 Trumpeter 1/32

A

ajcmac

A model of the Trumpeter 1/32 scale.

A highly detailed model, and from what I have read, several articles about the model, with the right measures.

It also has its flaws. Trumpeter should have done more research on this before moulding.

It has the two engine cooling air scoops on both sides of the nose, that are present from the G-2 onwards but not on an F-4.

Another two engine cooling air scoops on both sides of engine cowling, that are present from the G-2 onwards but not on an F-4.

The wheel wells are squared. The Bf 109 F-4 had the wheel well is completely round.

Missing is the fuel filler point below the port side cockpit sill.

It has two panels at the rear of the fuselage that are present from the G-2 onwards but not on an F-4.

A sheet of decals with the serial number 5749, which corresponds to 109 F2 used to Hans Hahn. I think it is the only error on the sheet of decals.

And finally the interiors are more in agreement with G2 than with the F4. Here I will not move, will stay as they are.

Black circles - to eliminate and red circle - to make.

Last edited:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Antonio,you are quite right,the kit is more an early "Gustav" than a "Friedrich". Looks like you've got a bit of work to do. How far do you want to go? What about the rudder(too small),propeller blades (paddle type from a G),supercharger intake (the larger one for the DB605 engine),canopy (from a G with extra framing)?

I know you will make a great job of this kit but it does have problems. I'd still build one!

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
A

ajcmac

\ said:
Hi Antonio,you are quite right,the kit is more an early "Gustav" than a "Friedrich". Looks like you've got a bit of work to do. How far do you want to go? What about the rudder(too small),propeller blades (paddle type from a G),supercharger intake (the larger one for the DB605 engine),canopy (from a G with extra framing)?I know you will make a great job of this kit but it does have problems. I'd still build one!

Cheers

Steve
Well Steve

It is the first time I'll get a job like this. Usually I build models directly from the box and just use the seat belts of Eduard and / or with a different sheet of decals.

These changes are already too many for my skills. For now just go with the changes I listed. I do not want to risk damaging the model. Maybe one day I can do something different!

I started making changes.

Eliminated the panel lines.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Good for you Antonio,it's looking nice already. We all know what you can do with an airbrush,I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

Cheers

Steve

A

ajcmac

Panel lines ready.

I painted the interior RLM 66.

Wheel wells ready and painted with RLM 02.

The propeller was sanded to be most similar to the Me 109 F4.

A

ajcmac

Will slowly but gradually I hope to get to the end ..

The pilot's seat and the pedals are not glued.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
More great stuff Antonio! Your painting and shading is superb,as usual.

Cheers

Steve

A

ajcmac

I made some straps to the pedals (rudder - I think in English so they say) that were wrong and glued the seat belts.

I painted the engine cowlings and engine mounts.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
More good stuff! Those straps are indeed on the rudder pedals. The harness looks fantastic,is that from the kit or is it "after market".

Cheers

Steve

A

ajcmac

\ said:
More good stuff! Those straps are indeed on the rudder pedals. The harness looks fantastic,is that from the kit or is it "after market".Cheers

Steve
The harness is PE of Eduard

The motor

A

ajcmac

To glue the fuselage just missing paint and glue the exhaust pipes.

K

Kressy13

Looking good mat. Top stuff on the painting. The engine really looks like it could fire up. Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Kresten

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Great stuff as usual Antonio.

Cheers

Steve

A

ajcmac

After some time without working on the F4, I started painting.

I painted the access panel to engine and rudder yellow.

After putting the mask painted the RLM 76.

A

ajcmac

Today I painted the lights and shadows, the landing gear (the oils are not dry) and propeller that is not ready yet.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice work Antonio,that's looking very good.

Cheers

Steve

K

Kressy13

That looks awesome mate. Great work. Could you explain how you achieved the shading and colour variation?

Cheers

Kresten