Micro work

First Name
Steve
Andrew every now and then we get a post that blows me away and this is awesome, it also takes me back in time, the picture of two tanks going under the bridge, many years ago we had around six bridges very similar in our village going over railways and canal's where we played as kids.

Brilliant work Andrew.

Steve.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I love miniatures Andy and you've made my day by stumbling onto this. If somebody didn't re-post it I would have missed it as your recent posts were about the flooding at your home. Hope you have settled in. Were any of your displays affected?
The Japanese will fall in love with these jems and my wife would too as they only take up little space at home. :smiling5: Thanks for sharing them. I no doubt will not share this with my wife less I want to change my whole genre of scale. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andy.
I can't remember any of these from the " other place " , so a treat to see them now. You must have sight like a red kite.!
John

First Name
Andrew
Thank you guys.
This week has been hell, with new dramas every day. The builders were kicked off the job on Monday because their work is so poor - too complicated to list! Yesterday we had a 4th leak because they had put a screw through a heating pipe! New bathroom tiles ripped up and new kitchen ceiling wet! The original leak was 3rd March and we've had trial after trial since. I'm still alive and it's only a house - not worth getting ill over! I hope to be back in there in August. I could write a very long, boring book! You can see from my avatar that I can cope with a fair bit of pain!
I'm too tired to post the little that I have done recently - I will later when I get my home back. Meanwhile you can find more of my work on my website, which is linked in the 'Share your Site' section here
http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/my-new-website-with-tutorials.30669/
Andy

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andy.
Sorry to read this.
No doubt they were picked by the insurance company as their quote was the "best ".
I can just imagine the thoughts of will this ever be finished.
Not been a good year has it.
Hope the whole thing improves.
John .

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
PERSIST! I hear the alternative is really boring. PaulE

First Name
Andrew
Thanks John and Paul. I'm fine! I've had anger and tears, but have moved on. I have a strong Christian faith and I believe that God looks after me. He helps me through problems, teaching me patience and trust, rather than keeping me away from them. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger! It's only a house!! Others are so much worse off than me. We have people sorting out the mess that we trust, so it will get sorted.
I will post, when life is easier, but it will be concerning my trench sections, rather than this tiny stuff. My evenings get consumed sorting house stuff. I've been taking photos, which will appear in time......
Andy

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

PJR

First Name
Paul
Accidentally posted that last... I know it was a while back this happened but am sending you good thoughts, something like this happened to my family and it was no fun! Least of all to my Dad. I hope by now things are ironed out or well on their way. Thanks for sharing your ridiculously awesome micro scale dios, those are really something.. Hang in there and "fidem scit."

First Name
Andrew
Thanks Paul,
I'm still dealing with consequences of the flood but lots has been done and we've been back in the house since August. I coped with it very well for months but the continuing, constant problems finally got to me. My faith has kept me sane. I'm pulling out of the gloom but still haven't the time or energy for my own models. I do keep an eye on what's happening here and will be back sometime.
Andy

Reactions: PJR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
Strangely enough I thought of you and your flooding the other day and then these posts popped up. I am glad you are back home but also not surprised that you are still rather shell shocked. I am sure that everything will continue to become easier and then we will see some more of your miniature marvels.
Jim

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Chuffing hell, outstanding work on something so small! Superb model making and a real treat to the eye.

D

Deleted member 6559

Chin up Andy. You and your's have been through a very difficult time so I'm not surprised you are feeling a bit down at the moment. Hopefully things will be a bit more settled now and you can get back to wowing us with your peerless work.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Andy, sorry to hear your not 100% things do have a habit of piling up. Hope your feeling yourself again soon.

Kelly McFadden

SMF Supporter
First Name
Kelly
Hi Andy.
When your adding camouflage brush to your GHQ tanks what glue are you using? Do you use cyanoacrylate or something else? I’m hoping when I apply the branches and leaves the shiney glue won’t be visible.