Mig streaking rust

P

premacy10

Hi all,

I have got Mig streaking rust but do not know what liquid to use to apply it, would water be ok for example, and is the rust applied before or after the varnish? I am worried if applied directly to paint if it goes wrong repaint time.

Regards

Tony

P

Plastickitbasher

Firstly spray your model with Johnson's Klear, or a matt varnish so that your paint job stays nice and safe.

Maybe use White Spirit as this will evaporate as it dries.

Dry brushing might be an idea as you can control how much or how little you want on your model.

I'm sure some of the other chaps will have more ideas for you..

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
As has been said coat the model first, Klear or varnish, then while it's drying order this :smiling3: these DVDs are really good and this one covers the AKI enamel products which are the same as Mig.

I tried something the other day but couldn't get it to do what I wanted I think I will have to watch the DVD again, but you will need some white spirit as well as it helps blend it in

S

Sky Raider

Nice plug John lol. I have placed an order. Couldnt log in and i see that PayPal is no longer an option. Looking forward to getting this, the guys have raved about it, cant wait.

Andy

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
Nice plug John lol. I have placed an order.
I don't like to miss an opportunity :smiling3: Thanks for your order, I didn't realise I was so low on that DVD you got the last one

\ said:
Couldnt log in and i see that PayPal is no longer an option.
Not sure why you couldn't login and I've checked and Paypal is still there

S

Sky Raider

Thanks John, great timing on my behalf :grinball2: After moving to payment section every card option was there but no PayPal. I did try to sign in several times but it kept saying wrong email or password. Never mind, i still got it and im happy. Thanks John.

Andy