Mini Cooper 1275S Mk.1

S

Steve Cooper

Thunderbird, I love your Mini build, and I signed up just to tell you that - this is my first post! :smiling3:

If you still need a prompt to decide on roof colour, red with a white roof was never, ever a factory option on the Mk1 Mini you're building. All Tartan red Minis would have had a black roof. The white roof was reserved for factory race or rally cars only. Of course, most aspiring Paddy Hopkirks weren'thaving any of that and painted their black roof white within days of taking delivery! Another 'fun fact'... someone mentioned the red white and blue Minis of the Italian Job. Although they were all badged as Mini Cooper S models, they were fairly special in that they didn't have contrasting roof colours at all. Solid red white and blue. Took me a while to notice that! Lol! Keep up the great work. I have the road-going Austin Cooper S on my bench and your thread is inspiring me to break out the contact cement.

T

Thunderbird

Thanks for the comment Steve.

I am aware that the roof should not be white (even says black in the instructions) but it is more about personal taste in this case.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
This build is looking superb Daniel. First class work matey.......... I only just found it but I'll be watching from now on.

........ Are you planning to give it an "oil leak" ? :smiling3: ....... The two I owned when I was a lot younger (Not Coopers though) ...... Both leaked oil and had all that gunky mixture of dirt and oil all over the sump & engine block.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
This build is looking superb Daniel. First class work matey.......... I only just found it but I'll be watching from now on.

........ Are you planning to give it an "oil leak" ? :smiling3: ....... The two I owned when I was a lot younger (Not Coopers though) ...... Both leaked oil and had all that gunky mixture of dirt and oil all over the sump & engine block.

T

Thunderbird

I am afraid not. I am not very good at that kind of detailing work.

N

noble

This is coming together exceptionally well, that paintwork is spot on.

scott

T

Thunderbird

Will upload some more photos soon, I have managed to fit the body onto the chassis.

First Name
Marc
Very tidy work here. Not a fan of minis myself but i look up to your clean work.

First Name
Richard
This is coming together really good like it allot

Great job.

Cheers Richi

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
That is a cracking job you've done on that Daniel ............ Really superb work.

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Great finish on this Daniel,its make me want to start one of mine now!

D

dougie

\ said:
Thunderbird, I love your Mini build, and I signed up just to tell you that - this is my first post! :smiling3:
If you still need a prompt to decide on roof colour, red with a white roof was never, ever a factory option on the Mk1 Mini you're building. All Tartan red Minis would have had a black roof. The white roof was reserved for factory race or rally cars only. Of course, most aspiring Paddy Hopkirks weren'thaving any of that and painted their black roof white within days of taking delivery! Another 'fun fact'... someone mentioned the red white and blue Minis of the Italian Job. Although they were all badged as Mini Cooper S models, they were fairly special in that they didn't have contrasting roof colours at all. Solid red white and blue. Took me a while to notice that! Lol! Keep up the great work. I have the road-going Austin Cooper S on my bench and your thread is inspiring me to break out the contact cement.
Welcome to a ridiculously friendly forum!

I signed up to a forum recently for exactly the same reason, someone made something that just caught my eye.

I hope your going to post some of your builds ;)