Miniart @&£%€¥+ houses !!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
ok so I've had a crack at this today and bust my noggin! First I'd got all the walls done yesterday, so started building it today , walls didn't fit square so I had to chop some parts off , then the front didn't fit , 10 minutes and lots of glue later still no good , so I used my head ( not a wise thing with my brain at the best of times ) I thought put it on the base and match it up up that way and then whatever gap you have you can fill it , so going great until the last wall didn't want to play nice so I glued it and held it for a few minutes, let go and it was stuck to my fingers and went spinning across the room into door and it's all come apart again !!!!!

Rant over now where did I put my gun !

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
lol.....ive only ever done a single miniart building.......i actually found the putting together easy..................now the painting/weathering.................thats another story lol:eek::eek:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Stick to making your own Al'...Far better and much, much more fun!

P

Polux

I had the same problem some time ago....

Then I decided that the next time will try or buy other brands....almost with his building sets... :sad:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I can't understand it really you'd think if all the sides are square and level it would go together but it didn't , if I get any miniart again I'll just stick the front together and block off the back with plasticard, but I think I'll take rons advice , make my own

Glad to see I'm not the only one

First Name
Richard
Must agree with Ron, make them yourself,

A- its cheaper (if you cant make a bargain somewhere)

B- building something yourself makes you feel better at the end (that's how I feel after a build)

but you can always use them pictures for ideas, at least i do (once in a while:rolleyes:smiling3:

Cheers Richi

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Sounds like you have really got a dodgy one Al...some seem to go together easy and others...well...you get em :D

Hope you can sort it.

P

phalinmegob

i thought they were quite easy to put together but i have had a fair bit of practice, i have done around 15 of them and love them.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
ok so I've had a crack at this today and bust my noggin! First I'd got all the walls done yesterday, so started building it today , walls didn't fit square so I had to chop some parts off , then the front didn't fit , 10 minutes and lots of glue later still no good , so I used my head ( not a wise thing with my brain at the best of times ) I thought put it on the base and match it up up that way and then whatever gap you have you can fill it , so going great until the last wall didn't want to play nice so I glued it and held it for a few minutes, let go and it was stuck to my fingers and went spinning across the room into door and it's all come apart again !!!!!
Rant over now where did I put my gun !
Alan which one is that as given you so much trouble.Name and shame it mate so I can give if a wide berth in the future.i I was tempted to buy one last night but not so sure now.Might make my own instead.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Alan which one is that as given you so much trouble.Name and shame it mate so I can give if a wide berth in the future.i I was tempted to buy one last night but not so sure now.Might make my own instead.
This is the one John View attachment 108845

\ said:
i thought they were quite easy to put together but i have had a fair bit of practice, i have done around 15 of them and love them.
to be honest Andrew some of this could be my fault as well , this is my first one so I'm bound to have some problems :smiling3:

image.jpg

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
This is the one John View attachment 119528
to be honest Andrew some of this could be my fault as well , this is my first one so I'm bound to have some problems :smiling3:
Wow that was on my short list I'll see if I can pick a cheapo one up for £10 from somewhere and have a bash at one good look with the rest of it Alan

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh so sorry to hear your having so much problem with it,

and i can understand your well put it frustration with it,:rolleyes:

another idea that may help a little along with the tabs is cut some foam,

the thickness of the wall,and hold in place with some tape,double side stuff,

and i tend to find that the inside wall will not match the window hole,and there is always a gap with them, ;)