miniart german street

P

phalinmegob

tought i would show you guys a few pictures of my latest diorama,been working on this for about two months and it is just about finished.forgot to take pictures during the build as i just get carried away. the figures are masterbox. was going to put some armourt in there but decided it would look to cramped and sometimes the simple approach is better. still think it looks a little too clean to my eyes.

View attachment 47595View attachment 47596View attachment 47597View attachment 47598View attachment 47599View attachment 47600View attachment 47601View attachment 47602View attachment 47603View attachment 47604View attachment 47605View attachment 47606View attachment 47607

View attachment 50502

View attachment 50503

View attachment 50504

View attachment 50505

View attachment 50506

View attachment 50507

View attachment 50508

View attachment 50509

View attachment 50510

View attachment 50511

View attachment 50512

View attachment 50513

View attachment 50514

P070712_16.47.jpg

P070712_16.47_[01].jpg

P070712_16.48.jpg

P070712_16.48_[01].jpg

P070712_16.48_[02].jpg

P070712_16.48_[03].jpg

P070712_16.48_[04].jpg

P070712_16.49.jpg

P070712_16.49_[01].jpg

P070712_16.50.jpg

P070712_16.52.jpg

P070712_16.52_[01].jpg

P070712_16.53.jpg

P

Polux

I really like your new diorama Andrew!!

It's simple and effective!!! The buildings are very well painted, I like his color!!

Does you allow me to say an opinion? There is very long (few figure), you would like to put a left or calcined car? It would make the diorama more compact!!

Top job!!!

Regards

Polux

T

tommy1drop

Excellent dio Andrew, I`m a big fan of Mini Art buildings, I really like this!

I think it might need something else as it does look a little bare with just the figures, but it`s your choice, Looks great well done mate.

Tom

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
You kept this one quiet bud!

Excellent painting of the buildings Andrew.

If it were mine I would be more than happy with the balance......I think it's just right, giving a feeling of dispair somehow, almost a ghost like quality and a silence as the group trudge wearily west. The main German Army long gone, away from the advancing Russians who are now on German soil, bent on revenge, leaving only the stragglers to fend for themselves......However......

I see what you mean about it looking too clean....Can I suggest perhaps a lot more rubble, broken timber and glass on the street.....Think Pizza Hut! lol Just look at what is left of the buildings.

Also, what about scorch marks above the windows?.....perhaps it just needs mucking up and wrecking a bit more! Having blithered on a bit, I would be quite happy as it is...

As Tom rightly points out....It's a great build, and it's yours!

Good stuff mate,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
P

phalinmegob

thanks guys,glad you like it,still undecided as to wether to put anything else on there but it does definatly need more rubble and crud on the floor. talking of pizza hut ron, you will be glad to learn that all the rubble came from sweeping up the yard in work and i have you to thank for that idea. polux,i did think about a burnt out car in the street but decided it was above my skill level at the moment.i used the hairspray technique for the flaky paint on the wall which turned out better than i expected but it only seems to work with really cheap hairspray(asda) as when i nicked some of my daughters expensive one it just would not move the paint.

First Name
Chris
Excellent work Andrew! Personally I wouldn't add a thing it has a great sense of defeat for the Nazi regime.

5* from me

Regards

Chris

C

CDW

I think it makes an impact as it is to be honest .... maybe you could add something else to the left of the dio but in my opinion it doesn't need it.

If you take the outline of what Chris, Ian and Ron say ... the sense of defeat ... the lonely trudge home ... the feeling of dispair .... it's all there in it's simplcity.

This might sound a bit mad but as i'm a bit of a muso, i try to imagine some appropriate music whilst looking at the photos.

so....

Just stick your images in a slow slide show with a haunting, empty melody over the top (strings and a lone woodwind) and the impact would be quite impressive.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
I like it just as it is, anything else in there would clutter it up, and it gives the impression of what it is, a sad trek through a ruined town with a wounded comrade.

Tony.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
leave well alone like it as tony said the long sad walk really nice dio

geegad

A

AJay

Those building are excellent - you've got some serious building painting skills.

I've read that Minart dioramas need a lot of work. How did you find them?

P

phalinmegob

thanks for all the great comments,i am chuffed to bits. alex,i have done six or seven of these kits now and all i can say is that i find them really easy to do and as long as you take the approriate care they go together no problem. DO NOT try to cut out the pieces with a knife but scribe them out with a sharp pointed tool(i use a carpenters bradawl). i then have a board of mdf which has had a sheet of wet and dry glued to it so its nice and flat.just sand every piece until flat and take off the thickness of the original plastic sheet.use the waste plastic to glue tabs around the edges of the pieces and around the edges of window and door openings to make the two sides line up...dead simple. the main problem is that the plastic is so thin that you cannot do hardly any sanding to hide the joins but you can hide these with window frames and door frames for the most part. i adore miniart kits.