Miniart houses , 1/35 or 1/32 scale ?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I've always thought that the miniart buildings were out of scale for 1/35 figures due to the size of the doors well tonight I think I can safely say they are 1/32 scale , I got the airfix desert outpost set today and I compared the size of the doorway with it and it matched perfectly , now I might be wrong but I thought airfix came first with the 1/32 scale and 1/35 came after so it's safe to say that 1/32 would be bigger in than 1/35 but they are identical

I think it's a case of that will do in the scale argument or airfix got the scale wrong anyone else think that?

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I remember this very same thing Alan when i got my German street,thinking that the door ways were way to high for

the figures,

and still do ,I have not seen a airfix build to conpair with,but in any case,I always make a change to the door way ,

buy adding in a small window,at top of the door way,

with the high of the door way being about 77mm,is in my eyes far to high above a figure standing at about 54mm,

and i do remember being told that in the olden days that the door way ,depending were and when made was bigger,

but to me looks odd,so I add in a small window about 12mm or 15mm to bring down the high to at 60mm or 62 mm,

which i think looks better,

hope that's so type of help for you, :D

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
European doors, especially of older date are bigger than British doors of today both in height and width.

scale is also very tied to the size of the original subject. a thing that is pretty flexible with Things like that.

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
European doors, especially of older date are bigger than British doors of today both in height and width.
scale is also very tied to the size of the original subject. a thing that is pretty flexible with Things like that.

Ian M
You are right to a degree Ian that doors in Europe could be bigger but maybe buy a foot or so but not about three feet taller unless we are talking about stately type buildings

This photo is an indication of the scale difference View attachment 110266

I'm not saying you can't use them or anything like that but they arnt 1/35 scale :smiling3:

This is just an observation and in no way am I trying to say it's wrong :smiling3:

image.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is rather high, but there is a frame and what not to go in the hole as well. Which building is that out of interest?

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
You are right to a degree Ian that doors in Europe could be bigger but maybe buy a foot or so but not about three feet taller unless we are talking about stately type buildings
This photo is an indication of the scale difference View attachment 121123I'm not saying you can't use them or anything like that but they arnt 1/35 scale :smiling3:

This is just an observation and in no way am I trying to say it's wrong :smiling3:
Is that a 1/35 Tom Cruise figure Alan

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
This is the Dutch village diorama set that has been repaired after it done my noggin in the other week lol

I don't know weather to fix it up or bin it

\ said:
That is rather high, but there is a frame and what not to go in the hole as well. Which building is that out of interest?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Is that a 1/35 Tom Cruise figure Alan
No mate he's one tamiya's new munchkin range :D

Although he is an old tamiya figure he is the same height as the newer figures just slimmer:smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
You can't trash it Alan just take a deep breath and keep calm and carry on. I intend getting one of these as soon as I see a cheap enough one as I think the full retail price is rather expensive.

In the meantime I was considering making one.