Mitsubishi Dinah (Airfix)

First Name
Alex
Hello

I'm new and thought I would like to share some of the builds i've done and hopefully get some feedback.

It's been nearly 20 years since i built my last model and now i'm back into it, it's become a kind of obsession! i've done 9 models, this one being my most recent.

On this one i experimented with different overcoats, two clear gloss coats and a final clear matt coat with some black wash to give it a weathered effect, along with some fine sandpaper marks.

View media item 8743View media item 8742View media item 8741View media item 8740View media item 8739

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
Welcome Alex, to the mad world of scale modeling forum, once you join it's hard to leave, but here we have a lough and help out trust me, they will help out a lot with hints and tips. I know as they helped me out a lot the only thing is can not see pics as it is just word try jpeging the pics then upload them so we can see them again welcome
:D

james pithouse

First Name
James
take a look around this place a see what you like and leave likes or comments or both:D

First Name
Alex
Ok Hopefully this has worked and you can now see the pics below
DSC01138_zps7vwo2apf.jpg

DSC01137_zps9rrsvp8v.jpg

DSC01135_zpsqsrhqphy.jpg

DSC01136_zpsjnyh7oea.jpg

DSC01132_zps3tvjdhpf.jpg

DSC01133_zpsqvwbq5of.jpg

DSC01133_zpsqvwbq5of.jpg.html

DSC01137_zps9rrsvp8v.jpg.html

DSC01135_zpsqsrhqphy.jpg.html

DSC01136_zpsjnyh7oea.jpg.html

DSC01132_zps3tvjdhpf.jpg.html

DSC01138_zps7vwo2apf.jpg.html

james pithouse

First Name
James
that is brilliant mate :D:D. All you need to do is now get some aircraft maintenance men and aircraft hangers and turn it in to a diorama, that's my apinion, what ever scale is it you might get the work crew

First Name
Alex
Thanks, well i actually got an airfix bomber re-supply unit for xmas so if i do a diorama it's going to be a bomber re-supply one. All my models are 1:72 which is good for me since space is at a premium with this hobby!

james pithouse

First Name
James
Next time you build a model if you add it under say for instance cars put it under ( civilian cars under construction) just scroll down the page and it will be there,that way people will see it and it will be easier for you too post pics every time, when they scroll down. So what will be your next build? but be warned some people try and get you to the dark side HA! HA! :D:D.

First Name
Alex
Thanks for the advice, well i got a Hawker Hurricane for xmas too, so i reckon that's going to be my next one, then i need to decide what i'm going to do with my bomber re-supply unit, that's going to be my most complex build, god knows where i'm going to put it when i've finished building it, it's going to take a few months for that one.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi and welcome to the friendliest forum on the net, great plane look forward to the hurricane