Mitsubishi Lancer WRC, Heller, 1/24

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
kit is the Heller 1/24 Mitsubishi Lancer WRC rally car

hope this one is better than the Focus! :eek:

actually ive already checked the glass, its intact and it just fits!, bit fiddly but it fits......makes me wonder if this was a very common defect back when these rally cars kits came out from airfix/heller

we shall see how it goes

First Name
Jason
Nice one Paul, wouldn't be a proper rally GB without a Lancer.

Jason

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Oh an EVO. One car that I came very close to buying a while back.

I'll look forward to this one.

Ian M

D

delmonteman

I was looking at one 6mths ago, Ian. Soon stopped looking when I got an insurance quote!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
currently on the back burner for a while

had a bad paint experience on the body shell...........for some reason the primer didnt take as well as i thought. :mad::mad::mad:

i primed, sprayed white lowers, masked, sprayed the red and when i removed the tape it peeled the paint right off back to the plastic:mad:

so i decided to strip the paint, try washing the shell again and try a different primer

i gave it a long soak in oven cleaner which normally does the trick and it didnt even touch it, even tho i can sratch the paint off with a finger nail! weird................so until i can pick up some brake fluid this one is on hold............but im not going to let it get the best of me lol

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so even tho i cant get on with the body shell til i pick up some brake fluid, ive got the chassis finished

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
nope, they are the kits decals..........the seats come with raised detail, decals just to over the top

theres no way id waste pe seatbelts on a crappy kit like this :D

J

John Huggins

Hi Paul sorry to here about your paint problum, had the same thing happen on one of my E-Types i used heavy duck tape to remove most of the paint then very fine wet & dry with plenty of soapy water on the rest, as for the rest of the build looking top notch keep up the good work.

John

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so here we go again

stripped the shell of paint with brake fluid, scrubbed it with water and degreaser to make sure it was as clean as possible

used a new can of primer, which was a very dark grey so as not to get the same problem as last time

my masking of the white wasnt as neat as it could have been but i dont think its going to matter in the long run as its going to get muddied up

its had a couple of coats of clear ready for the decals

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
All looks great. Your wheels have a nice colour variation to them.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice paint job Paul. Glad you were able to rectify the situation.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
im at the decal stage

this has to be the biggest P.O.S. kit ive done for a very long time, if it wasnt for the fact im doing it for the GB id have binned it long ago

even the decals are a bit dodgy but im determined to finish it.............im actually looking forward to plastering mud all over it to hide all the crapness! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

1275GT

Doesn't look too shabby from where I'm sitting, looking forward to the rest of it.

Cheers, Neil