Model Boat Plans

M

Mickky

Hi guys,

I am new here, I found it while trawling the net. I build mainly military models, but use to build rc boats.

My reason for being here is as follows,

Some time ago Greenwich Models? use to hold lots of the old MAP plans and one in particular was a Range Safety Launch.

I would like to get hold of this plan, but am having no luck at all.

If anyone knows of where I might be able to get one, I would be very gratefull, or failing that, the plans for the Sangsettia.

Thanks in advance, and I certainly like the very friendly look to the forums.

Regards, Mickky

B

Bluewavestudios

Welcome to the Forums Mickky,

Good news for you, The old MAP / ASP / NEXUS plans are still very much alive and can be found by clicking on this link: My Hobby Store

All the plans are listed under the relevant sections down the left of the page.

The Range Safety Launch plans are listed too - although no pic, I am pretty certain these are the ones you are looking for as per this link:

Range Safety Launch MM412 - Only £14.95 - My Hobby Store

No Joy on the Sangsettia though.

Good Luck

Regards.......Mark

M

Mickky

Thanks for that, I had visited there, but couldn`t find anything, but using your link got me there. but alas, it is unavailable at the moment.

Years ago, I had the M.A.P. Plans handbook, and there were just loads of plans, I am not sure all are available at the moment, Greenwich models had the majority, but alas are gone, I wonder if the plans library was sold on?

Thanks again,

Mickky

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Mickky,

Strange that, when I posted that link this morning it was there, all I can think of is that they have either updated their list today or sold the last plan. Seems very coincidental.

The X list plans do have some of the range but I have not seen the Safety Launch there.

Model Boats

Good Luck in your search, If I find it, I will post it here.

Regards........Mark

M

Mickky

Thanks for all the effort guys, as for the xlist, I emailed them earlier, and the reply indicated that they could do a print of it at a cost of £9.50 plus £2 postage.It seems a very good price if it is the plan I am after. It should be on 2 or 3 sheets and the model is about 48 inches long by 12 inch beam.

I use to have the plan and had started the hull, but when I took a break from boats, the hull went somewhere and I cannot find the plan anywhere.

well thank you all again for your troubles, I can see this being a very friendly and helpfull site.

:regards:

Mickky

B

Bluewavestudios

Glad to hear you got sorted with that one Mickky,

From what I saw of the plans on the link I sent you before it disappeared, the size of the boat was the same as on the plans you have ordered so it sounds a good bet they are the same plans.

Nice to see the X list people helping out printing off a set for you.

And yes we are a very helpful bunch on here so if you get stuck, don't be afraid to ask.

Regards.......Mark

S

slip0

Hello to everyone !! ALSO HELP

FIRST POST; Again hi,Am looking for a pair of old speed controllers,

GRAUPNER MECHANICAL 13v/10a BEST-NR 3722.

New or used ,any info would be healpful,any place that may have carried them.I have a pair that ihave been using for 20 years.

Newer elect.not thrilling.

I thankyou for any help.:emo10: SLIP0

S

soldier151

Sangsettia

Hi Micky,

Welcome to the crazy world of Model Boating

The Plans for the Sangsettia can be found at Model Boats Plan Service, contact the magazine.

David Metcalf of Metcalf Mouldings did an excellent 4 part build of this in Sep, Oct Nov Dec 1986 Model Boats. You might be able to obtain back copies, if not give me a shout and I can scan what I have. Good Luck

Soldier 151:peace:

\ said:
Hi guys,I am new here, I found it while trawling the net. I build mainly military models, but use to build rc boats.

My reason for being here is as follows,

Some time ago Greenwich Models? use to hold lots of the old MAP plans and one in particular was a Range Safety Launch.

I would like to get hold of this plan, but am having no luck at all.

If anyone knows of where I might be able to get one, I would be very gratefull, or failing that, the plans for the Sangsettia.

Thanks in advance, and I certainly like the very friendly look to the forums.

Regards, Mickky

M

Mickky

Thanks for that, I use to have the mags, but I got rid of them when I thought I had given up boating. Alas, the bug is back, but with the price of kits, it looks as if plans are the way to go, I will try Model Boats, if not I will take you up on your offer.

Many thanks,

Mickky