Modelsvit 1/48 P-51H

Komedy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Warren
Hi all

This one got off to a false start last night as will become apparent in a minute. Anyway my first attempt at a build log for this kit which I have been looking forward to.

43ceba505e7acd555f60c1e91354a712.jpg

This will be my first time building a Modelsvit kit and it looks great with everything in the box including masks and some PE. When I took the Sprue shots last night I did notice some defects on the two fuselage halves which is why I pulled the post. This morning I fired off a quick email to Modelsvit with some pics and within an hour a nice email back with the outcome being replacement sprues are on the way to me. Cannot fault that for service, very impressed.

Anyway some more pics before i get this underway tonight..

IMG_20200522_155641.jpg

A few surface defects but other than that nice crisp lines and mouldings. Replacements on the way.

IMG_20200522_155738.jpg

Again some lovely detail on the cockpit components with the added bonus of some PE.

Warren

Last edited:

Komedy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Warren
So we are well underway here, cockpit parts primed with Tamiya Flat Black prior to MRP Interior Green which is starting to bring out the detail level just nicely. On to the rest of the cockpit build up. Sorry fro the crap pic quality.

IMG_20200523_162414.jpg