Mojo rejuvenation efforts

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you gentlemen. Rick, if looking for 1/87, they are still available through they who import ROCO or Herpa products as well as evilbey (generally cheaper than importers). I paid $10 + shipping last year for one. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A couple pics of WWII German WsIP units & unit elements. The majority of kettens, swimmers & kubels are in bits being upgraded.
WWII German WsIPa.JPG
WWII German WsIPb.JPG
A lot of semi-scratched & conversions are visible. The original idea was a small kampfgroup of various platoon sized elements, but as you can see mission creep took over. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Paul,
Now yer talkin!! Any chance of seeing some of this a little closer? particularly the semi and scratchy stuff. I'm always looking for new ideas and it seems to me there are buckets of inspiration laid out there. Keeeeeep on Mojovaaaaaating!!!:thumb2:
Rick H.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
DAAAAAAAAMMNNNN....... ARMIES... ARMIES EVERYWHERE.......WOW.... and superbly painted...

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you Mick & Greg. I'll select a few & post them here later.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Paul,
Thanks for the closer ups!
Really like the pioneer trailers, WIKING perhaps? What was the base model for the trailer behind the MB4500 in the second shot? Same question for the generator trailer in the third shot. Great stuff!
RickH.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You're welcome Rick. I don't remember what they originally were, but yes they are Wiking based. I think the large genny trailer was based on the rear third of a ROCO MB 4500 firetruck. The truck towing it was originally a ROCO MB 4500 ladder truck. The ROCO MB 3ton firetruck & pump trailer model was the basis I used for ambulances, radio & telephone switchboard vans & small genny trailers. The ROCO firetrucks were & are less expensive new & used than comparable trucks in this scale, very well detailed.
Thanks Peter.
PaulE

B

Bobby Dale

Hi Paul
Your Forces are Massing for there jump off well , Great collection of units and there vehicles as always top dollar work
Bobby.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Bobby. I heard Tom & Dave telling Tim he's in Fiji on vaca. Ya gotta lov'em. PaulE

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Lovin the close ups Paul. Lovely work on the cammo. Like it a lot:thumb2:

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Ian. Kampfgrupe Eberle will not be involved in the defense of the Moselle at Dornot. The 17th PG was refitting at nearby Metz so elements of that unit and the students at a nearby funker school assisted the fortress troops w/infantry, some SP AAA & a few long range radio equipped pzrIVs in the reduction of the bridgehead. The feeling was the surounding fortresses were sufficient artillery to prevent a bridge being built to support any significant crossing at this point. This was in fact the realization of the 5th ID who had a successful crossing further south shortly after retreating from the crossing at Dornot. PaulE

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Paul,
How large of an area will this project cover? Just curious.
Rick H.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
RickH, the original plan was 4'x12'. After I visited the actual site last year, I realized I should re-evaluate the planned size and/or explore artistic compression as well as revisit the amount of terrain to be modeled. The planned size will remain the same, but the village and the Verdun fortress complex will not be modeled. PaulE

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thank you Steve. Some of these are over 50 years old. PaulE
That's nearly as old as Steve then :upside:

Paul , that is one hell of a collection, beautifully painted. Love the Genny.
Dzhon .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Paul, re: planned dio.
That is awesome. I have no doubt you can pull it off. Do you have a planned start date?
Rick H.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I do work on the vehicles & structures in between projects & the underlying benchwork is constructed and is stored in the garage until I've sufficient space in the man cave to proceed w/gardening & forestry.