SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
:tears-of-joy: Peter you're definitely Speedy Gonzales....nice.:thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Richard - the speed of this one surprised me too!

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Great figure, love the contrasting palette of khaki, olive, wood, canvas and leather

Nice to have a change from Field Grey.

World Cup stress all over, much too tense to watch!

Have you any time between packing for anything before leaving?

Some cooler weather would be useful for the paint, my Scale 75 isn't happy being thinned, and is very quick drying otherwise.

Time to recharge your creative batteries

Have a great holiday

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

Glad you like our boy here. A simple figure, but I'm quite pleased with the way he turned out.

Yep, World Cup stress over - imagine what it would have been like had they got to the final? We would have been travelling and were wondering if an early start would have got us to a TV in time. Now we can relax. And a recharge of the modelling batteries is very necessary - I'm a bit exhausted with it all. My fault, as I've been going for it, but time to relax and settle down with a couple of Iris Murdoch novels by the sea.

That said (ha, ha) I'm going to do a little bit of work on a bust I've been having trouble with today, then shopping and packing tomorrow.

Have a good day.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Hi Peter, good call on the head, the replacement definitely sits better with the finished model. More great painting. Have a great holiday.

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Mick. I like these Dog Tag heads. I think they were sculpted by Calvin Tan. Good, clean details which are nice to paint.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
time to relax and settle down with a couple of Iris Murdoch novels by the sea.
That said (ha, ha)

Morning Peter

Pre holiday humour? I haven't read any Murdoch, so I had a google, Ho Ho, must be an ""in joke"" for those in the know!

Looks like you may just break the holiday weather curse too.

Have a great time and catch you when you return to your desk fully recharged and raring to go.

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve

The 'ho, ho' referred to the fact that I was still working despite having to pack.

And if you've never visited Murdoch-land you're in for a treat. It's a place where, even in the 90s women powdered their noses, patted their hair into place and always carried handbags. Where the most up to date expression of the youth was 'I say!'. Where everyone lived in little flats in Knightsbridge and Kensington High Street, or if the were slumming it, Chelsea (and if they were really slumming it, Hammersmith, though they still had a least one servant). It's where people died by drowning and lost faith in their own personal God. Where adults used the expressions 'Dear heart'' and ''Dear Boy'' as the greatest endearments.

Despite that I'm totally hooked. I'm working my way through all twenty five of her novels (not in sequence). I've just finished no.15 and have two more to take on holiday. She was a great admirer of John Cowper Powys whose 'Dorset' qaurtet of novels are set where we'll be holidaying - so there'll be a few literary excursions - Maiden Castle, Dorchester etc.

So on that literary note, I sign off for the next 10 days.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter.
Oh I say , how utterly charming,
far better than " like " " you know " and of course " init ".

Enjoy your hols .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
John .

D

Deleted member 6559

That's the trouble with so many C20th English novelists - so class bound. The Americans are more democratic. There's a TV where we're going but it's been banned.

First Name
Andrew
Enjoy your holiday! It will be quiet without our DAYly dose! Thanks for entertaining us so much - go and recharge those batteries! And I hope that the weather is kind to you this year!!
Andy

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Happy holiday Peter

Sound like Famous Five and Secret Seven meet PG Woodhouse, literally speaking.

Love the idea of literary exploration too, we have done Zen and Brunetti in Rome and Venice, and would love to do Montalbano, one day.

My good lady, Anna, is part Italian, as you might have guessed.

I am sure you will be suitably refreshed and recharged on your return.

Have a great time

regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Steve - Found two unread Iris's in the second hand bookshops yesterday. Armed with those and a complete new wardrobe from Primark, off we go.....

Reactions: JR