More Figures for Richard

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Your head looks like he has had a few sleepless nights with combat and fatigue.

It is such a motivator, I have dug out the brushes and a figure for this weekend, though it will not be anywhere near your standard

I really do feel the urge to try painting a larger scale figure.

The heat seems to be cranking up here in Yorkshire, good to hear you still have the coastal breeze to take the edge off.

Today should be a good one for you with the "drapery" and not too much equipment either.

You will probably be onto another one before I wipe the dust off the Series 7 brush box!

Have a good day

regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve.

Yep, on to the drapery today. I did start on the collar insignia yesterday but found that it was a bit uneven so sanded it off. May just hand paint it or wait for decals.

So good to hear that you're going to start the Tamiya figures. As I say, 1/16 is, in my opinion, the easiest scale for figures, and gives plenty of opportunity for getting to grips with detail. Be sure to run a thread.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Is he saying "Hang on a minute! Ive gotta try and find my hand first"

Nice colours:thumb2:

Reactions: JR

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Great progress and super detailing on the hand, often forgotten after focusing on the face.

Early start as I am travelling today.

It feels cooler but promises another hot day in paradise.

Tomorrow will be a painting day, as I have primed the Tamiya figure ready to go, no excuses any more.

Well done with the insignia too, they look like decals.

Keep your paint wet and here's hoping you have another good day

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve J - 'Hang on lads, I think we might have wandered into a minefield.'

Steve H - The hand was so prominent it needed a bit of attention. We've lost our cooling North Sea breeze here and are beginning to see what the rest of you are on about - got too hot to carry on after about 1pm yesterday, but managed to do a bit more in the evening.

And ready to paint? Terrific. Please let us see how you're getting on.

The legs were done last evening:

100_2512.JPG100_2513.JPG

I feel that the detail at the back is a little disappointing, so I've dug out some extra equipment to add interest.

Hopefully I'll get it done before the England game starts.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
That 4 figure group is beautiful. Surly looking bunch. Your 'style' has meant that they all work together so well. That CGS figure looks superb and deserves to be the sole focus.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - Many thanks. Getting the hang of field grey now! The CGS figure is great, though does offer less scope for contrasty painting.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Mr Lehr looks fine and dandy mate.Shame Field grey isnt vibrant enough for contrast and shading.I guess only real colour is the grass green collar litzen and helmet cover.
Onwards and upwards Mr.D.
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Richard.

He's finished:

100_2515.JPG100_2516.JPG100_2521.JPG100_2519.JPG

As you can see, I've given him some extra gear - a Verlinden mess tin and gas mask case, and a Tamiya entrenching tool and bayonet. Unfortunately, I wasn't happy with the way the kit ammo pouches were painting up, so I abandoned them and gave him a Dragon holster and Tamiya pouch. The trouble with some of the kit items is that the detail is so fine that it's hard to paint and they end up looking untidy.

Hopefully the extra gear has added some interest, and I've done a bit of weathering to liven up the field grey.

A great figure from CGS. I'm told that they have another figure by Laurent Borget in the pipeline, which I'll definitely try and get hold of.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
superb work on theses,two,like your style :smiling:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Great finish Peter, he does look as though he's telling his pal to calm down

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Hell of a day yesterday, and well done on the match with the Tamiya MP40 figure.

They look like it was a scripted match for the 2 figures,

The extra kit fits well and covers the blank empty back of the figure to a T.

Skinned my knuckles yesterday falling over a door threshold with this damned duff knee of mine!

Stinging still but the Tamiya tank commander is primed and ready to go.

Along with a Pz III J too.

Whats next on the bench for today Peter?

Hopefully not too hung over after the football?

Going to be another fun hot day

Regards

Steve H

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Monica - Thanks as always.

Mick. Glad you like them. Yes, I wondered what was going on...

Steve - Many thanks also. I hope the knuckles are OK and that it doesn't inhibit the modelling, though this weather is playing hell with my paints, I don't know about yours? Curdling like milk.

Still waiting to wake up from the dream after the England game - pinch me someone to prove it's all real.

I'm working on a couple of box art projects for Peetr Gillson's Sarnia Miniatures at the moment - two 1WW VC winners. I'll post them when finished. After that, back to this thread and some more from Richard's stash (off on hols for a week on Saturday though - strictly no modelling).

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Another pair of Box art projects, well done, it will be another super update, when you get to post your work.

Much too hot to do anything yesterday, 32+ here, most uncomfortable, and back to work before you know where you are

Curdling paint, not very good and too much glaze solution or water, change the paint/colour too much?

Hopefully you will have a reasonable week of painting, the weather is due to ease a little and freshen up?

Back soon?

regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve.

Yes, looks like the extreme heat is going to ease off a bit. The paint was almost immediately developing a skin which got mixed in with the stuff underneath, producing lumps - bit frustrating

Inspired by a great TV programme of Willard Wigan - official creator of the smallest hand made sculpture in the world. He sculpted a baby from a section of carpet fibre, then mounted it inside one of his own hairs. 0.08mm tall. Amazing man.