Moto Cross Bikes 1/12 scale Die Cast

• Thread starter My Model Car Workshop
  • Start date
M

My Model Car Workshop

I have been having a browse at some of the 1/12 scale die-cast Moto Cross bikes, as I think they are quite attractive and for the price, it wouldn't cost much to build up a decent collection. Most of these are ready assembled, but there are some that need assembling with the aid of a screwdriver, Hardly what you can call a kit, but something that looks nice and already painted with decals in place.

I decided to take the plunge and buy one just to see how good it is and maybe start up a collection.

This is the one I chose to start with. Once on the Ebay page, if you scroll to the bottom, there are some other similar models.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231359279271?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

P

Polux

Nice one!!

Well...I think some parts could be pained again, but the general look is excellent.

On this kind of bikes, if you wish to practice the mud effect...they are perfect ;)

B

Bunkerbarge

Don't worry about it being a relatively simple build, a model is generally what we want to make of it and many of our projects may be nothinbg more than a simple conversion or refurbishment of something already built. As an example I bought a Minichamps 1/12th scale Bonneville, which luckily was an early pre-unit version so very similar to my own Thunderbird. Consequently I wanted to convert the Bonneville to a model of my own bike, which was in some ways a very simple project but in others quite a challenge.

Some of us simply haven't got time for complicated and in depth model builds so sometimes less time consuming builds can fill the need and keep us motivated.

My own 1957 Thunderbird

View attachment 114409

The Minichamps 1/12th scale Bonneville

View attachment 114410

and finally my one off conversion from the Bonneville to the Thunderbird

View attachment 114411

002.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

M

My Model Car Workshop

\ said:
Don't worry about it being a relatively simple build, a model is generally what we want to make of it and many of our projects may be nothinbg more than a simple conversion or refurbishment of something already built. As an example I bought a Minichamps 1/12th scale Bonneville, which luckily was an early pre-unit version so very similar to my own Thunderbird. Consequently I wanted to convert the Bonneville to a model of my own bike, which was in some ways a very simple project but in others quite a challenge.
Some of us simply haven't got time for complicated and in depth model builds so sometimes less time consuming builds can fill the need and keep us motivated.
Very nice Richard. Many many years ago I used to have a Triumph Tiger Cub and passed my test on this. Later I traded it in for a Triumph Tiger 110. Since then, I converted to 4 wheels. Some of the old British bikes were really great machines, until the Japanese bikes came along. These were the death of British motorbikes, although many people still run them today. You have made a lovely job of converting the Bonneville to the Thunderbird, one of the classic Triumph's.