Motorised model kits

S

Saj

Hi guys, sorry if this sound stupid. I have come across some model kits for cars that say motorised. What does that mean, do they have a motor that allows them to move like a toy car or something? Google wasn't any help. Thanks, Saj

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
Hi guys, sorry if this sound stupid. I have come across some model kits for cars that say motorised. What does that mean, do they have a motor that allows them to move like a toy car or something? Google wasn't any help. Thanks, Saj
Yes some do have little motors in them and some tamiya car kits do as well.

Peter t

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
must be a very old tamiya kit........when they first came out some had motors same as the tanks,,,,,i remember doing the Mazda RX7 a few years ago wit the motor in just for a laugh

S

Saj

I think it was a 1:12 scale datsun 240z kit by tamiya. I have seen some going on ebay. Been tempted to bid on one but they are quite pricey at around £80 and I wasn't sure what was meant by motorised. Thanks for the clarification. Saj

B

Bunkerbarge

When I was very young I was given a Tamiya 1/12 scale Honda F1 car. It was a stunning model for its time. It had a motor housed in the engine but the model was so big and heavy that the motor only just managed to move it across the floor!