Mounting and painting support

J

JJ Models

Hi
For some time now I am planning to build a support to be able to support the models, especially the planes, which will allow me to mount and paint them. Here I leave a basic idea that I have developed which is working very well although after going using it I am looking to make some modifications.
I would like you to tell me what you think the support, what improvements you would make and what support you usually use.

A greeting and I hope you like it

J

JJ Models

Hi
Very interesting, did not know. I have several improvements thought for my support which will be more versatile for almost all the scale of airplanes, I hope to make them soon and to be able to show them.
Thank you very much for the message and a greeting

J

JJ Models

Hello friends
I would like to know if someone has come to make something similar to the support I have shown here.
a greeting

J

Jens Andrée

I've got a big box of flexible coolant pipes that I use for 3:rd hand applications and flexible support.
I just add a piece of rubber or foam on the end pieces if I support something delicate, otherwise I've got crocodile clips.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12783

12783-02.jpg

12783-03.jpg

Very handy stuff!
I've also got a camera tripod made of the same flexible coolant pipes that can either stand on any surface or wrap around something and hang. Very versatile!

If I was building a lot of air planes I would probably build some sort of jig instead, like you've done, but these coolant pipes are fantastic at holding/holding up things!

J

JJ Models

I loved it, very original. Now my question, I would like to know what price it has?