MPC Dodge Deora

P

PWick

With the big chairs in the back?
No I think it had a full cover over the truck bed with two surfboards. Search Images of Dodge Deora on Google.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PWick

today, build and fit slant 6 engine..................
42_zps36yepsv7.jpg

Test space around the engine with body fitted................
38_zpsmbcafwox.jpg

40_zpsynvdro6z.jpg

I may have to re-route the exhaust exit so as not to dis-colour or burn the surfboard.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
S

Spree

There's some fine detail on the motor fella. Really precise looks good

P

PWick

Thanks Spree, I've had a lot of work around the house I hope to carry on with this one, in the next few days.

P

PWick

The last few pics to finish off this build.....
The extended exhaust ...............
44_zpsbfs6ne8h.jpg

The exhaust exit, in the middle in front of the back axle...............
45_zps5exbsk38.jpg

I scanned the Deora logo and printed off a few decals of various sizes......
47_zpsqcxcizw2.jpg

The new surfboard I made for this build with a new decal................
43D_zpstrcqlaaz.jpg

My major mistake was to chrome the windscreen surround, too fragile to remove, plus the drop down front door with a new decal and the headlight/bumper unit in place...........
54_zpspgmh9fi7.jpg

The completed body chassis unit with the new board in the hanger.............
55_zpshc0j8gxl.jpg

The completed build pics to come.

P

PWick

Thanks Polux and James. but more>>>>>>>>>>>>>> See completed builds>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

P

PWick

Yes I wish the model door was the same, but I did see on Google serach someone had built thier model with a tube hinge so that the door would open like this one!

S

Spree

The last few pics to finish off this build.....
The extended exhaust ...............
44_zpsbfs6ne8h.jpg

The exhaust exit, in the middle in front of the back axle...............
45_zps5exbsk38.jpg

I scanned the Deora logo and printed off a few decals of various sizes......
47_zpsqcxcizw2.jpg

The new surfboard I made for this build with a new decal................
43D_zpstrcqlaaz.jpg

My major mistake was to chrome the windscreen surround, too fragile to remove, plus the drop down front door with a new decal and the headlight/bumper unit in place...........
54_zpspgmh9fi7.jpg

The completed body chassis unit with the new board in the hanger.............
55_zpshc0j8gxl.jpg

The completed build pics to come.
Epic. And ots bot taken too long either. What did you print your new decals on? I want to do something similar.

P

PWick

Epic. And ots bot taken too long either. What did you print your new decals on? I want to do something similar.
Well Spree I use either clear or white decal paper, you can get it from most online craft shops, ours here in the UK is The Crafty Computer Paper Co. They have a page of instructions, you need to get the variety that suits your printer bo it ink-jet or laser.

S

Spree

Well Spree I use either clear or white decal paper, you can get it from most online craft shops, ours here in the UK is The Crafty Computer Paper Co. They have a page of instructions, you need to get the variety that suits your printer bo it ink-jet or laser.
You sir are a diamond. Thank you. Is it easy to work with? I'm doing lettering, in a previous existing design. I tried hobby craft (I'm in the UK too, bad predictive must've give it away) but they were useless.

P

PWick

You sir are a diamond. Thank you. Is it easy to work with? I'm doing lettering, in a previous existing design. I tried hobby craft (I'm in the UK too, bad predictive must've give it away) but they were useless.
Hi Colin, no I tried Hobbycraft but no go. Yes the decal paper is easy to work with,(or I wouldn't be doing it!) stick to the instructions given in the pack(s)