Mr Hobby acrylic paint.

A

Awins

Can anyone please tell me if I can use Tamiya X20A thiners with this paint for airbrushing.
Cheers

D

dubster72

Alan its not a combination that I've tried myself, but the formulation of Tamiya acrylics & Mr Hobby Aqueous are very similar. They both respond well to thinning with cellulose thinners for example. So I would imagine that it would work.

I do know that you can thin Tamiya XF acrylics with Humbrol acrylic thinner ;)

First Name
Alex
I don't know much about air brushing but, I do know that different thinners achieve different drying times and I've read somewhere if you get the combination wrong you can clog up the nozzle if it dries too quick , although I can't imagine it being a huge issue so long as you practice on something first before applying it to your model.

D

dubster72

I don't know much about air brushing but, I do know that different thinners achieve different drying times and I've read somewhere if you get the combination wrong you can clog up the nozzle if it dries too quick , although I can't imagine it being a huge issue so long as you practice on something first before applying it to your model.

You're probably thinking of mixing Vallejo with cellulose thinner... a very bad combination!

A

Awins

Guys just for info, I went ahead and used Tamiya X20A thinners with the Mr Hobby aquious acrylic paint and have had no problems or issues.
In fact it sprayed very nicely indeed and levelled perfectly with good coverage.
Cheers Alan