MrHobby TopCoat (matt)

First Name
Jean
Good day guys, I was cleaning up my office and found this can of the above. I have never used it but I'm thinking of using it for my 1/350 USS Birmingham.
There are a number of videos on youtube explaining how to use it (mostly on gundams models for some reasons) but can I check with you nonetheless:
  • the way I use it, is I completely finish my model, paint it, put the decals, and then once that's entirely done, I coat it, correct ? is there more to it than that ? the videos I saw suggest to do this outside under the sun. But if I do that, am I not going to get all sort of horrible dust particles sticking to my model while the coating is drying ?
  • one of the videos I watched here compares a number of cans from different manufacturers. The guy in the video is saying that this one from MrHobby that I have, although matt, first is a bit shinier than the others he tested (Tamiya etc), and second, the edges of the decals were more visible with this MrHobby one than with the others. Do you agree and if yes, as I don't really like shiny finishes, should I use for example the Tamiya one ?

Untitled.jpg