Music while building

Peej

SMF Poster
First Name
Paul
Just had a couple of hours at the bench, building and listening to music, which got me thinking if any members listen to music while building. Tonight it was Scorpions. Two more of my favourites are Paloms Faith and Rag n Bone Man.

beowulf

Styrene Bodger
First Name
Paul
always.....the routine is light on, glasses on, radio on, and then make a start

either Radio 2 or Planet Rock

papa 695

SMF Poster
First Name
Ian
I like to listen to different types of music, at the moment it's mostly Genessis, Pink Floyd, The Killers and Carter USM.

Fenlander

SMF Poster
First Name
Graham
I don’t very often but when I do, I go into Morse mode and listen to classical music. I find it less distracting than ‘popular music’. That isn’t as snobbish as it sounds as modelling at the bench is the only time I do listen to classical now.

First Name
Jens
Music yes!

King Crimson, Gentle Giant, YES, Wishbone Ash, Caravan, Rainbow, Dream Theater, Jethro Tull, Neal Morse, Mike Keneally etc.
But only when building. I don't tend to listen to music when I paint for some reason? Not planned, just the habit.

Gary29

SMF Poster
First Name
Gary
Radio 2 usually, depending on what time of day it is, but yes, there's always something on in the background.

meggsy

SMF Poster
First Name
steve
Mostly punk for me unless it’s a Sunday then it’s essy listening Sinatra Matt monroe stuff like that

Mr Bowcat

SMF Poster
First Name
Bob
I usually have something on in the background, but having quite eclectic tastes this can range from motown, punk and ska to techno, garage and hip hop, and pretty much anything in between.

The only thing I truly hate is country and western. Not sure why??

Polux

GB Mod.
First Name
Polux
I love music, but when I’m working on the workbench..... my choice is the silence.

First Name
Jens
for me its jazz.......3 blokes all playing different tunes at the same time lol
I'm a musician and as a non-musician I can fully understand that this is what some types of jazz and progressive music can sound like.
The difference between jazz & prog and country & western is that the two first ones can really play their instruments whereas the latter hardly at all... hehe... :tongue-out:

First Name
John
You're not alone there but out of respect for the remote chance that someone actually listens to that stuff I'm not saying anything more... ;)
Each to his own, I guess! I've come to the conclusion that whatever floats your boat etc... As a result of this thread, I've just worked my way through a LOT of Prog Rock, a bit of Jazz and some dirty Dub Electronica on YouTube whilst working. You've started something here...

First Name
John
I've not listened to The Lamb Lies down for at least 40 years, yet I still know all the lyrics, go figure!!

Steve O

SMF Poster
First Name
Steve
Music sometimes, Wishbone, Yes, Pink floyd, Santana, and all the old stuff to many to mention but when painting peace and quiet.