Music while building

beowulf

Styrene Bodger
First Name
Paul
Julie Fowlis was new to me but I like folk music so I'll give her a go tonight!
i came across her a few years ago on a folk prog on BBC Radio 2........loved her music ever since even though i dont understand a word of gaelic

i know the rest of Scandanavia view the Finns as being a bit 'odd' but i assume you know of Steve n Seagulls?

Jens Andrée

First Name
Jens
i know the rest of Scandanavia view the Finns as being a bit 'odd' but i assume you know of Steve n Seagulls?
We from the north view them pretty much just like our neighbours. Neighbours that all drink vodka and carry long knives that is... hehe :p
Steve n Seagulls are well known in my neck of the woods and I know of several similar bands that just aren't on social media but still well known, and I love that type of twist between folk music and modern rock/pop/whatever!

Music is deeply rooted in most of Scandinavia and especially in the north. In my days virtually all kids played an instrument in school. It was just the norm.
That way a lot of talent was picked up. Today this is no longer the case and the instruments are swapped with console hand controls and very few kids actually get the opportunity to play an instrument, and this only if the parents do this. School have long since stopped doing this which is very sad...

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
First Name
Dave
I've been watching here with interest and I got an observation.

I may not be the world's greatest rock fan (I do listen to a lot of music but not while I'm at the bench), but even I know you don't go to a rock concert to sit quietly in your seat then give an appreciative round of applause at the end (It's not like the b****y Opera fer gossake!). You should be jumpin' about, stampin' your feet, chantin', head bangin', playin' air guitar or drums - or any combination.

If you're doing any of these, I can't see how you can be doing any modelling - an' if you ain't doin' 'em - you ain't listenin' to rock!

First Name
Diana Welz
I enjoy listening to music while working. It makes me think properly and feels more relaxed. ;)