My first year Modellingversary

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
A year ago today I ventured out on a boring, foggy afternoon and ended up at my local Hobbcraft. I left £90 odd lighter with a model and some paints & glue.

Fast forward to today and I have completed a number of models, but more importantly with the help and advice of this forums members I have learned a lot of new skills and definitely feel I have progressed nicely. :smiling3:

I thought I would post some pictures of what I have built, in chronological order.

Wishing all on the forum a very Happy New Year. :smiling3:

Bob

1 Challenger.JPG2 Chieftain.JPG3 Ferrari.jpg4 King Tiger.JPG5 KV2.JPG6 Bradley.JPG7 SU76m.JPG8 Spitfire.jpg9 Centurion.jpg

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers John. :smiling3:

Next, I have to finish off my RAAC Centurion (which is going to receive my 1st attempt at hairspray chipping), then either the Meng Panther or Gepard (both for GB's).

I'm also going to have another go at an aircraft for the winter camo GB, I have an A10 and a F-15E in the stash, not sure which one to do yet.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
A pretty productive year Bob! I dont think ive done that many in the last 3 years! My fave has to be the Meng bradley , it just looks superb. cheers tony

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers Tony.

I think the Brad is my favourite too. It was certainly the most amount of work, but I felt a massive sense of achivement when it was finished. I also have the Meng Abrams in my stash so I'm thinking about building the A1 version (which has the same style ERA as the Brad) and putting them on a little dio base. :smiling3:

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers Colin, it has been quite a productive year. :D

A

Awins

Well done Bob, I think this is a well balanced unbiased forum where we all support and help one another. I have also benefited enormously from help support and guidance. Thank you all especially the people that Work in the background providing Scale Model forum. Happy New year to you all. Regards Alan

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers Alan, and I agree, this is one of the most helpful and friendly forums I've been on.

J

Jens Andrée

Great collection Bob! :smiling:

I'm about 6 months behind you so I've got a bit more time until my anniversary, but I always thought you'd been modelling for 10+ years so you've done really well! :thumb2:

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Steve. :smiling3:

I agree, I think the Bradley was my favourite as well, I learnt a hell of a lot building that one, and it's the only one I built with a full interior.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Favourite? One end to the other, they are all worthy of that 'Badge'

Nice collection, Bob

First Name
Alex
You've done really well and clearly spent a great deal of time on each kit. I'm with Stevekir on the Bradley I think it really stands out for me