My Man cave

mossiepilot

A learner learning
First Name
Tony
I'm sure there was a thread on here a while ago about where we build/hide out. Couldn't find it so I started a new one.

Here's some piccies of my new man cave/ model making room, When we moved to our new three bed house I bagged the spare bedroom and am slowly creating a fully fledged building and display room.

View attachment 68340

View attachment 68341

there's even space to store my unbuilt kits View attachment 68342

(the pink curtains weren't my choice, just left overs from the previous tenants)

tony.

man cave 001.JPG

man cave 002.JPG

man cave 003.JPG

mossiepilot

A learner learning
First Name
Tony
It's great, I can listen to the music I like and make as many nasty smells as I want without SWMBO passing comment (paint and glue fumes honest)

Tony.

Polux

GB Mod.
First Name
Polux
That's I call a man cave!

Very nice owned place Tony, with light!

Well...is a place of work here...SWMBO can undestand sometimes there are accidents... with the pink curtains... ;)

tanktrack

SMF Poster
First Name
Steve
I use our spare room for my modelling it also has my computer in it so I can escape I have just bought 2 new case's to display my models but my daughter has started to use my computer and I cant get modelling in peace without having to listen to stupid programmes she likes

mossiepilot

A learner learning
First Name
Tony
\ said:
it also has my computer in it so I can escape but my daughter has started to use my computer and I cant get modelling in peace without having to listen to stupid programmes she likes
I've got a computer in my MC, a little notebook, that I use, and SWMBO doesn't like the small screen so I get to use it all to myself :D

Tony.

m1ks

SMF Poster
I'm about to relocate my cave from the Attic, (which is nicely kitted out I'll add and has previously been shown in pics on here)

It's going to the downstairs room which was formely an office, it's also where my workout stuff is but they tuck away into a corner.

In theory being a lot easier and quicker to acccess not to mention quicker and easier for sink access too when cleaning models / brushes it should mean I get a bit more focus on building.

Next step once the table, kits, paints, glues etc have been transferred is to look at clearing out the other attic cave stuff, (anyone interested in a bunch of photographic developing stuff? Enlarger, Dev tanks and drums for film, paper, dev tanks for paper etc?

The attic will then become a storage / spare room for guests with it's fold out bed.

well seeing as we are in the man room discussion then ill post pics up if you don't mind as i have camera out and snapping away :smiling3: , plus this room will be no more in 1 weeks time

View attachment 98934

View attachment 98935

View attachment 98936

View attachment 98937

View attachment 98938

That last picture winds my SWMBO up a treat because she claims i have to many models, what she doesn't realise is, that i have 5-6 boxes in the shed where she is not allowed lol...

please feel free to delete if you don't want this on your thread

lewis

IMG_3211.jpg

IMG_3213.jpg

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3217.jpg

IMG_3220.jpg

Polux

GB Mod.
First Name
Polux
Yep! A room with sights!!

On front of my table there is a beautiful wall of wood... :sad:

mossiepilot

A learner learning
First Name
Tony
No probs Lewis, your MC is what I'm aiming for. I'm slowly buying storage and shelves to build it up.

Tony.

Alan 45

You ain't seen me !
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Wish I had that much natural light Alan, looks really good.Tony.
It's a great size and has great natural light only drew back is at night , the lights are behind me so if its dark my head casts a shadow.

It does anoy my wife's friends though, they always tell her it's not right I use it for such stupid childishness lol.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
First Name
Tony
Reminds me of the bureau thingy I had as a kid. It was in my bedroom, had a drop down that I worked at and I did all my model building/painting in it.

Happy days :rolleyes:

Tony.