My new airbrush!

D

dubster72

Well since becoming the happy recipient of a double-action airbrush at christmas, it's taken me this long to pluck up the courage to fire it up! What a revelation! Man, now I see how some people get such great effects on their models-I doubt my first few attempts will be much good but it's like finding the Rosetta Stone & being able to see all the possibilties. Ok, time to have another go, just thought I'd share my joy! Patrick

I've bought a single action one.. And so far so good.. Only done big area, solid colour stuff but I love it! Looking forward to seeing your work..

D

dubster72

I said that I was enjoying it, not that I'm any good! Only much practice will get me there :o )

G

Gladiator111

It's taken me a while to get used to mine. The double action is good and allows you to regulate the paint flow. I've been practicing with the differing pressures and controlling the air regulation setting to obtain full atomization down to extra fine detail. Still looking on youtube for more advice and techniques as well, but I must practice more... have fun!

Chris

F

Fenlander

This is a pleasure I still have to come. I used to have a basic airbrush years ago that was really a small spray gun. It was OK for spraying a primer but nothing else. Quite looking forward to having a go with a real one.

D

dubster72

You won't regret getting one Graham. I was using a Badger single-action before which is a nice airbrush but comparing the two is like a fire-hose to straw! As Chris said, it does take practice, especially in learning to be subtle but that's all part of the fun!

Patrick

P

Paul1978

Congrats Patrick! Yeah the double action airbrush is limitless. It's taken me so much practice and i've messed up numerous times. I actually have the screw set inwards by the trigger for my paint flow and i mainly use the compressor and not the trigger for air control. The lube my old man sent me has also helped wonders. My problem initially was being too careful on the trigger only to slip and squirt out a huge splat. I've been away for a few days in the country and will tomorrow stick on my pressure trap.

Again nice one old friend!

Paul

D

dubster72

My problem (if you can call it that) is to remember to stop sometimes coz I get too into it! There's something mesmerising about watching the paint slowly go on-I even find myself making little patterns! lol those paint fumes are getting to me! Plus, you only need a small amount of paint so it's cheaper-bonus! Patrick

D

dragon1five

Hey Patrick!

I know what you mean about the double action airbrush. I too was using a badger single action I got from my days years ago. Since I just returned to modeling, my wife bought me a nice double action for my birthday. (I think she does love me ; ) )

It is like going from driving a 20 year old hyundai to driving a 7 series BMW. The only thing is it'll take time to practice like you said. Looking forward top seeing some of the completed works you have used it on!

G

Gladiator111

Look forward to seeing your efforts Patrick! Hope the practice is going well, just don't let the fumes get to you ;)

D

dubster72

Fumes? What fumes...... aah look at the pretty pink elephants... Lol no face mask & spray booth are always in use! Patrick