My next airbrush?

First Name
Adrian
I currently have an Iwata Neo after getting it to work again ( see my other post ) I was wondering what is the next airbrush I should be looking at to get better detail when I am painting?

I have only a budget of about £150 max so if anyone could advise me I'd appreciate it once again :smiling3:

Adrian

T

tecdes

Recently got two new airbrushes. I have been a Harder & Steenbeck (Evolution) fan but invested in one & one a freebie present Iwata. One an Eclips HP-BS the other HP-CS. Found, with short experience that the CS is a real beauty as it is good at close work & large scale (model work 1/48) airbrushing.

The Iwata are certainly much more difficult to take apart & clean. They are also not as easy to use. The H & S is simple. The H & S I always took apart after a session & cleaned. Not the Iwata it is laborious.

Annoying is that the cups on the Iwata are moulded in those on the H & S are changeable. The Iwatas are heavier & more intricate. The H & S on the evolution will take .15 .2 .4 & .6 needle nozzles. The Iwata no change at all. H & S spares are cheaper & they have spares for every part of the brus. Iwata do not.

Performance, I suppose the bottom line, at the moment I favour the HP BS Iwata as producing a nice perhaps smoother finish. But ! Early days & I will have further flutter with H & S before deciding on my favourite.

I suppose that is the bottom line H & S & Iwata are star performers & the difference is difficult to separate the two. Which ever you will be pleased with Adrain. Like all things you look at a Honda Car you drive & wonder if a Kia is better. Kia at the moment & Honda previously & both are great cars. That is the airbrush dilemma.

Laurie

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
My workhorse is one that Laurie mentioned (I think) an Iwata Eclipse CS. I've been using it for years with very occasional replacement of parts, usually because I've bent them!

I think any branded airbrush in the 100-150 pound bracket is going to be a good tool. It's down to personal preference and sadly these days there aren't many places where you can get a hands on experience.

Cheers

Steve