Neil's Airfix 1/72 Hawker Typhoon

D

dubster72

Yeah that's definitely a nice little kit Neil. You've been braver than me by opening up the cannon bays.

There's a GB going on over on Britmodeller where a couple of people have mentioned gaps between the wings & fuselage. Not something I found on mine, but maybe something to check for on yours.

Cheers

Patrick

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I have one of these I have to do in the D-Day set thingy my daughter bought me. I don't normally do aircraft (as I tend to Bollix them up). So I'll be watching your build Neil......... To see what I need to do with it. :smiling3:

First Name
Neil
\ said:
I have one of these I have to do in the D-Day set thingy my daughter bought me. I don't normally do aircraft (as I tend to Bollix them up). So I'll be watching your build Neil......... To see what I need to do with it. :smiling3:
Oh yes, I have plenty of experience of bolixing them up so watch away if you need more hints :smiling3:

@Rickoshea - I like your basic base, that gives me some idea of just doing something simple.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
Oh yes, I have plenty of experience of bolixing them up so watch away if you need more hints :smiling3:
@Rickoshea - I like your basic base, that gives me some idea of just doing something simple.
A recycled cake base and some grass mat, easy peasy.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looks nice Neil. I've said that before about other people's Typhoon's, and I still haven't bought one !

First Name
Neil
A few more pics, progress has been off and on, but should be getting my new AB this week, this will be the last paint-brush only model I think.

DSC_4928.JPG

DSC_4929.JPG

DSC_4930.JPG

DSC_4931.JPG

DSC_4932.JPG

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
1/72 is not my scale but I did build this Airfix Tiffy and found it an enjoyable build. You are doing a great job there Neil, it will be their 1/24 scale beauty next!!!

First Name
Neil
damn but it's been a while...

OK, painted, complete except the step which keeps falling off and one rocket that fell off. I have put the decals on with decalfix which worked very nicely onto a gloss clear layer. 

To do: Clear, weathering, flat and then I have a cake base to paint and put it on. Oh, and the spinner looks dreadful, I'll pop that off and repaint it.  I was looking at the Airfix RAF recovery set to add and make a display of it. My grandfather drove those recovery trucks into the desert in North Africa during WWII so may be a nice addition - too late to ask him now but I should have asked what he recovered.

Anyway, a couple more pics:

30-07-4.JPG

30-07-3.JPG

3-07-2.JPG

30-07-1.JPG

First Name
Neil
OK complete except for a little poll.

I have a basic cake stand and I am going to just place the model on that on some sandsheet suitably coloured - by accident, instead of buying sand coloured, I bought grey which is really quite handy. So I sprayed one green, one half green and left the other. Which will make the best base colour? I'll then take further photos on that. Model is complete.

typhoon_green.JPG

typhoon_grey.JPG

typhoon_mix.JPG

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The Typhoon looks great Neil. I quite like the half and half it looks like it's just going off the gras to take off.

But looking forward to more of the finished pictures.