NEW 1/72 Afghanistan War Diorama -99.99% Finished-

S

scoonesy

This is the Afghanistan war diorama I've been making over the last year. the diorama features a battle between the Taliban and mixed British and us troops. In between them is a destroyed USAF F-22 raptor, shot down by the Taliban. It has taken me ages to build and nearly everything has been made out of kits except the two tanks and the corrugated iron sheet house which I made out of cardboard and paint. The

F-22 in the middle was originally an airfix kit but I messed it up when i was making it and as i was throwing it away, I got a sudden brainwave and decided to put it in the diorama. Now, bearing in mind I'm only 15 and this is my first ever diorama, please tell me any comments you have and tell me how I can improve It. Thanks!

P

phalinmegob

you should be very proud of yourself mate, at the age of 15 and to turn out something with dedication and effort that has gone in to this is rare to see in this day and age. it is 1000 times better than anything i could of done at 15 or at my now ripe age of 42. as for improving it, there is not much you can do (in my eyes) but two things stand out to my untrained and definatly not expert eye.....you could try removing the base plates from some of your figures and glue them directly to the diorama.the other thing is maybe to re-arrange the debris from the fallen plane, specifically the wings. there are lots of plane experts on here who will know better than me but to my eye it looks like the wings sort of fell off after the plane had crashed...

fantastic job all in all, well done mate

A

andygh

You've obviously put a lot of thought and hard work into that,

great job :emo1:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That is one excellent diorama in it's own right, let alone a first attempt!

Very well done. Well thought out and a great composition.

I am very impressed with the ground itself, very realistic.

Yes, the base plates could be removed easily and it would improve the dio., but you can sit back and be well chuffed with it as it is....

Good stuff,

Ron

S

scoonesy

Thanks to everyone who's made comments, I've noticed the problem with the figure bases and what i'm going to do is get more sand and try to hide the bases, the ones that are like in the village i will cut the bases off and glue. I'm also going to put more research into the plane to make it seem more realistic, I had no idea what a plane crash looked like so I just guessed so thats probably why the wings position aren't realistic. Oh well, now I've finished this one I'm planning on making some smaller dioramas in 1:32 scale, not entirely sure which setting but I might try to do a Falklands war, a Vietnam and a snow scene diorama.