“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh wow,looks very good kit,that's a maybe have to save for,one, :D

ta so very much for showing up Patrick, :smiling3:

D

dubster72

The kits are due for release in August, projected RRP is £60. Hopefully they'll also do versions without zimmerit as that rather limits the theatre's they can be depicted in.

But a Normandy King Tiger done as a cutaway would be pretty awesome

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I'm sure I read some years ago that there had been more kit versions of the Tiger tank than any other subject. Now we have more! Sorry Patrick, but I can't get excited over this when there are so many other subjects which have not been covered nearly so well - I'm sure we all have a list of things we'd like to see.

I get just as unexcited when I see yet another Spitfire, Bf109, Sherman ..... the list goes on, so I'm not just picking on this offering. I shouldn't really complain though. The modelling world has more variety than ever before to offer. It's just annoying when I see a 'new' version of something we can already buy dozens of, in all the different scales and levels of quality. Why is this one going to be different from, or better than, say, the Tamiya version? Once they're built and painted, who would be able to point out which was which in a display case?

Sorry Patrick! Rant over. I daresay the reason the manufacturers keep churning out the same stuff over and over again is that people buy it - and that's what they're in business for, and that's what keeps our hobby going.

D

dubster72

I'm sure I read some years ago that there had been more kit versions of the Tiger tank than any other subject. Now we have more! Sorry Patrick, but I can't get excited over this when there are so many other subjects which have not been covered nearly so well - I'm sure we all have a list of things we'd like to see.

I get just as unexcited when I see yet another Spitfire, Bf109, Sherman ..... the list goes on, so I'm not just picking on this offering. I shouldn't really complain though. The modelling world has more variety than ever before to offer. It's just annoying when I see a 'new' version of something we can already buy dozens of, in all the different scales and levels of quality. Why is this one going to be different from, or better than, say, the Tamiya version? Once they're built and painted, who would be able to point out which was which in a display case?

Sorry Patrick! Rant over. I daresay the reason the manufacturers keep churning out the same stuff over and over again is that people buy it - and that's what they're in business for, and that's what keeps our hobby going.

Your opinions are perfectly valid Dave, although in fairness I posted this for those who might be interested - not as an opportunity to knock the reasons for Takoms decision to do another Tiger.

You've said it yourself - companies make what they know will sell, simple as that.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Your opinions are perfectly valid Dave, although in fairness I posted this for those who might be interested - not as an opportunity to knock the reasons for Takoms decision to do another Tiger.

Apologies Patrick. Point taken!

S

steve5

Patrick , I have never heard of takom model's , from your enthusiasm , I take it they are a well engineered , they look like 3 really good model's to build

D

dubster72

Patrick , I have never heard of takom model's , from your enthusiasm , I take it they are a well engineered , they look like 3 really good model's to build

I've not yet seen any of these kits for sale Steve, but I'd love one!

Takom are fairly new on the scene, but generally have a good reputation. Certainly they pleased many modellers by releasing new Chieftains - before there was really only the flawed Tamiya offering.