New Members Aircraft Output Last Year

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Hello Dave,
Your collection looks brilliant. I like my models to have a well used look about them as well.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb looking builds dave , and do i see a theme emerging? im very fond of soviet stuff too , any era. Cheers tony

D

Doug Hughes

Thanks for sharing these, Dave - they look great. It's good to see some Soviet WW2 stuff. The Lagg-3 is my favourite - you've achieved that scruffy whitewash finish just perfectly, and it seems to have worn off in all the right places.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Doug,
it's a difficult finish, the winter wash, It was the first time I'd done this, knowing when to stop, and never having seen this sort of finish in the flesh! You always think 'just a little more...................'
Tony,
yes, it's a bit of a theme - I'm starting on some cold war thingys at the moment - A Mig-21MF, Su-22, Mig-25RBT & a MIg-29A, all in 1/48 ( not all at the same time )- they may not all end up in soviet markings, but associated countries

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice collection you have going there Dave. I like that Lagg-3

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Tony,
yes, it's a bit of a theme - I'm starting on some cold war thingys at the moment - A Mig-21MF, Su-22, Mig-25RBT & a MIg-29A, all in 1/48 ( not all at the same time )- they may not all end up in soviet markings, but associated countries
I really love the cold war era soviet stuff. In the seventies my uncle used to take us to the Finningley airshow so lots of cold war RAF stuff (lightnings and vulcans always a crowd pleaser/deafener) and we always got the Raf yearbook which usually had a section on the state of the Warsaw pact aircraft and airforces and it was looking at these line drawings and colour profiles (which turned out to be not always 100% accurate!) of these strange never seen aircraft that got me hooked. Back then the only kits of anything were the Airfix Mig 21 and 15! we're spoilt for choice nowadays! cheers tony

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Tony,
we must have been there at the same times - I think I was taken to Finningley first in 1965, and went every year. The last time was the Queen's Silver Jubilee in 1977. I used to like the Vulcan 'scramble' - 3 Vulcans lined up, powering up and taking off - they made the earth shake!! Happy Memories
Dave
I really love the cold war era soviet stuff. In the seventies my uncle used to take us to the Finningley airshow so lots of cold war RAF stuff (lightnings and vulcans always a crowd pleaser/deafener) and we always got the Raf yearbook which usually had a section on the state of the Warsaw pact aircraft and airforces and it was looking at these line drawings and colour profiles (which turned out to be not always 100% accurate!) of these strange never seen aircraft that got me hooked. Back then the only kits of anything were the Airfix Mig 21 and 15! we're spoilt for choice nowadays! cheers tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Tony,
we must have been there at the same times - I think I was taken to Finningley first in 1965, and went every year. The last time was the Queen's Silver Jubilee in 1977. I used to like the Vulcan 'scramble' - 3 Vulcans lined up, powering up and taking off - they made the earth shake!! Happy Memories
Dave
Good times dave , i always used to love the scramble too , the lightning climb and the old growler shackleton were faves too, cheers tony

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Dave,
Nice collection of models on display.
I was at Finningley for the Queen's Silver Jubilee, had my good arm in a sling having fractured the bone above the little finger and pushed it back into the wrist knuckle. Ever tried using a long lens one handed, the sling soon went into the camera bag.
Cheers,
MikeC.