New Neo airbrushes available soon

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I will be stocking 2 new airbrushes made for Iwata called Neo, these are due in this week and cost from only £47

Available for pre-order here

The Neo Series airbrushes are NOT manufactured by Iwata in Japan. Iwata-Medea produced the Neo Series to perform well at lower air pressures when used with smaller air compressors. They are value-priced and fill the gap in the market for good quality airbrushes at affordable prices, retailing below the entry-level Revolution series in the Iwata range. Iwata has been providing a number of markets with reliable performance for many years, so you have the assurance that the Neo Series meets Iwata’s excellent quality standards, as Iwata-Medea backs Neo Series airbrushes with their usual 5-year warranty

M

msm2

Looks very interesting. Will spare parts be readily available such as nozzles and needles.

Last edited:

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Yes, needles, nozzles and caps will be available.

M

m1ks

Do these come with teflon packing John, suitable for cellulose and such?

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I don't know but I will find out.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
Do these come with teflon packing John, suitable for cellulose and such?
Answer to your question:

The Neo airbrushes do not come with Teflon packing. However, this does not mean that they are not to be used with cellulose and other similar products, it means that the packing may not last as long as the Teflon packing inside the Iwata airbrushes.

I'm hoping to have them in tomorrow, if someone would like to review one for the forum I would be willing to them a good discount on it, but it would only be for one person and it's a first come basis, if anyone is interested pm me

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Tony has kindly taken up the offer to review the Neo CN

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Now in stock :smiling3:

M

m1ks

That is a shame John, i'd have had one if it had been. I'd have trialled one to chance it for a discount but as i've been beaten to that I guess not.

Thanks for checking though.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
That is a shame John, i'd have had one if it had been. I'd have trialled one to chance it for a discount but as i've been beaten to that I guess not.Thanks for checking though.
It is an entry level AB, have you thought of the revolution CR/BR?

M

m1ks

I have but when my cheap chinese brushes perform well, have teflon packing and are a quarter of the price i can't justify the expense for what is essentially a name and less 'rough edges' metaphorically speaking.

I'd have thought, entry level or not that if they were made for Iwata they'd have used the same standard of internal needle packing. I just can't see the point of spending £50 on a brush I can't spray cellulose, (alclad etc),through or almost double for a CR if my £15 one can already.

P

Pip

Hi all. I actually found this site searching for info on the new Neo brushes, but there's a wealth of useful info and community spirit here, so I might just stay a while!

Anyway, I've been looking at getting a bottle-fed AB to compliment my gravity fed HP-CS, whilst also taking the opportunity to get a brush with a larger spray pattern (the CS is .35mm). Has anyone used the Neo BCN yet? I would mainly be using it for large area coverage such as car bodies and I'm hoping it might help me get a more even coverage than Iwata, which will keep duties on smaller parts and Dio detail.

Last edited:

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Welcome to the forum,

I used to have the Revolution CR which has a .5mm needle and sprayed HMS Illustrious with ease and that's not a small area, I've never got on with siphon fed airbrushes always preferred gravity but I have sold a few BCN's and not had any complaints, yet :smiling3:

P

Pip

Hi John, thanks for the welcome. I'm still not sure a .5 AB is really going to be that different to the .35 I've already got, but another AB can never be a bad thing, can it?! The main reason for potentially giving one a try is that I get better results on large areas with my one stage trigger cheap, gravity fed Revell, than I do the HP-CS and I can only think it's the broader spray pattern the Revell has that makes the difference. Would be glad to hear your thoughts.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
For my CR I also had a .3mm needle and I wouldn't say I found a big difference between them but I think the biggest area I sprayed with it would have been an aircraft or vehicle, I might have had to make a couple more passes but nothing that would have me think it made a difference that was noticeable, but I'm sure others will have had different experiences.