New Partwork coming from Hachette

M

mark_1984

Announcement about new part work series from Hachette

Hachette Partworks, the publisher of Build the Titanic and Red Baron is about to launch a new build up model series. The model will be the German WWII battleship, the Bismarck. This ship is famous for sinking the HMS Hood and consequently for being rolled over and sunk by the Royal Navy in 1941. The laser cut parts have been made by the same manufacturer as the Titanic model and it's been created from the original plans to a scale of 1:200. The first issue goes on sale on 21st February and as per the other build up models, you receive some parts each week to complete the model. I shall be building this model and will post the web address shortly.

Kind regards

Mark

www.buildthetitanic.co.uk & www.buildafokkertriplane.co.uk

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the Forums, I hope we can be of help to you on here, I do believe we may have one or two members who have built the Titanic Partworks and Certainly the Red Baron Partworks on here.

I have had a look at the links you have posted, some very nice work gone into those models too !!!

I have moved this post to the Ships and Boats part of the Forum under the general chitchat heading. (The Product reviews part is reserved for items supplied direct to us by manufacturers for review/evaluation...The Model Press do read this site as well)

Keep us posted with the Bismarck model.

Regards......Mark.

G

Gaz

Did you see the bit in a Friday newspaper showing the final cost (£692.11 for the Bismark) of completing a magazine item. Expensive...

P.S. I'll own up to having the Del prada "Build a medieval fortress set", as yet unbuilt.....

A

alan2525

I've never bought one of these magazines, just out of interest - what is the actual content of the magazines like? I'd imagine they must be reasonably good otherwise it's a hell of a lot of money for some cnc cut ply parts.

I'd rather just purchase the kit or a set of plans and build from those, just wondered what the attraction of the magazines was. The finished model looks great though from the TV adverts though.

W

wenbar

bismarck

I intend to build this model .Look forwood to seeing your imput.

Welcome to the Forums, I hope we can be of help to you on here, I do believe we may have one or two members who have built the Titanic Partworks and Certainly the Red Baron Partworks on here.

I have had a look at the links you have posted, some very nice work gone into those models too !!!

I have moved this post to the Ships and Boats part of the Forum under the general chitchat heading. (The Product reviews part is reserved for items supplied direct to us by manufacturers for review/evaluation...The Model Press do read this site as well)

Keep us posted with the Bismarck model.

Regards......Mark.