New scratch builds by the old guy

B

baz

Hello every one, I know its been some time since I posted but my partner carol and I have had a few health problems to get through, now we are both on the mend Carol more so than me, we have both been diagnosed with diabetes type two but we are now on good diets and feeling great. Here are a few models which I had been making a bit earlier in the year and have now completed. All scratch built the two long space craft are on display in Transport Model in Preston lancashire, at the moment I am working on a 6 foot long Sulaco model for a collector and also I have the rough layout of the alien ship Nostromo which I am building for a collector in greece. Please let me know what you think. It is so good to get back cutting and glueing after a 4 month lay off.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

Attachments

• DSCF5619.jpg
    DSCF5619.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF6922.jpg
    DSCF6922.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF6923.jpg
    DSCF6923.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF6920.jpg
    DSCF6920.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF5654.jpg
    DSCF5654.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF6925.jpg
    DSCF6925.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF6911.jpg
    DSCF6911.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF6595.jpg
    DSCF6595.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF6591.jpg
    DSCF6591.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF6892.jpg
    DSCF6892.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF0178.jpg
    DSCF0178.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF0179.jpg
    DSCF0179.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF0454.jpg
    DSCF0454.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF9677.jpg
    DSCF9677.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF9872.jpg
    DSCF9872.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF9635.jpg
    DSCF9635.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 33

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow,you have this scratch build down so well,looks great very nice work,;)

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Superb as always Barrie, you scratch making is unique and sublime. I thought looked at the pics first as I was so eager and thought I spotted the Sulaco, then I read your post :D

Terrific Baz, hope you and the wife get fully well soon.

B

baz

Thanks very much every one, and for the good wishes, YES we are both now a LOT better and the model making is going strong once more, look out for the arrival of the SIX FOOT SULACO coming soon to a web page near you

regards Barrie ( the old but not done yet guy )

First Name
Alex
They are impressive, I'm still a bit of a newbie to model making and was wondering if there is a specific type of sheet material you use for scratch building? or is it mainly odd bits and bobs you find

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice job superbly executed what more can I say you have the Matt Irving type of skill I believe he was responsible for a lot of the Thunderbirds Captain Scarlet & UFO and some Star Trek work if I am correct

Regards

Colin

B

baz

They are impressive, I'm still a bit of a newbie to model making and was wondering if there is a specific type of sheet material you use for scratch building? or is it mainly odd bits and bobs you find

Hello Thorbrand,
welcome to model making, the sheet material I use is called plasticard or plastic sheet, it comes in varying thickness from 80 thou to 5 thou 80 being the thickest I have used and comes in paper A4 size is standard but can be bought in bigger sheets I use 24 inch by 12.
it also comes in many colours and white being the most common check out your local hobby store for details. There is also available tubes pipes and other shapes by a company called Evergreen again check out your hobby shop, and yes I do use bits and bobs and parts from old klits and also many other small kits used in model railways. The glue I use is plastic weld by a company called EMA, but Humbrol liquid poly is good but has a strong odour. If you are going to have a go make sure you get plenty of reference on the subject you have chosen and if possible some good drawings to work from, when I do large model I just scale up a small plan and go for it. the main thing is to have fun and enjoy. and even after building models for many many years I still love it when I complete one and I have never stopped learning things from other model makers. I hope this info is of some help to you have fun and getting glueing.

regards Barrie the old guy