Newcomer asks for help!

T

Tinderstick

Ok, so I am not even sure whether this is the correct forum to post my request, but still...

I'd be glad if someone could point me in the right direction about painting scale models, give me a few preferably-beginner-friendly links to modeling websites, or the name of even a book or two. I bought a Revell Spitfire Mark V last week (my very first proper scale model), and am itching to get started, but I've also told myself to take it slow at first and do my best to screw up as little as possible. I have done some googling on my own, but that only caused more confusion.

So... anything you have on painting techniques, paint types, etc.?

Thanks,

T.

B

Bunkerbarge

Hi Tinderstick and firstly a warm welcome to the forum. It's nice to be able to welcome a beginner and hopefully help them along the way to enjoying the hobby that some of us have got so much out of for many years.

To start with have a look at the "Back to Basics" thread, available from the link at the left hand side of the main page. Or you could click here!:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/tutorials/2298-back-basics.html

I hope it at least points you in the right direction to start with and gives you soemthing to think about when you start on your Spitfire.

Let us know how it goes and post some pictures!

T

Tinderstick

\ said:
Hi Tinderstick and firstly a warm welcome to the forum. It's nice to be able to welcome a beginner and hopefully help them along the way to enjoying the hobby that some of us have got so much out of for many years.To start with have a look at the "Back to Basics" thread, available from the link at the left hand side of the main page. Or you could click here!:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/tutorials/2298-back-basics.html

I hope it at least points you in the right direction to start with and gives you soemthing to think about when you start on your Spitfire.

Let us know how it goes and post some pictures!
Will do, thanks *crosses fingers*

T

tag

Hi Tinderstick

Ime not up to the standard of a lot of modellers on here but the best thing I have been taught is, PRACTISE, PRACTISE and more PRACTISE

on scrap material first especially if its a new technique/material ideally on material your using ie plastic/card etc

best of luck mate and don't forget to post some pictures

Regards Tony