Nick's Airfix 1/35 WWII British Army 30-CWT Truck

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Looking good mate.
Thanks Scottie, still a fair way to go..
Hi Nick. That’s looking great. Lovely kit isn’t it. If it’s like the Katy ambulance version I built the windscreen is horizontally split with a bar in the middle. That bar will also need painting body colour. I think I painted mine before fitting.

Thanks Tim. It's an enjoyable build. I'll bear that in mind about the screens, not opened up the transparencies yer to see what's what..
Looking good.

Thanks Ian.

Nick

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
I have made some more modest progress. Got a little more work done in the cab before buttoning it up.....

20231030_144838.jpg

Managed to break one of the mirrors and bodged a repair with some fuse wire....

20231101_114450.jpg

Glazed and masked the cab and now have the whole lot base-coated.....

20231105_105729.jpg
20231105_105818.jpg

Next job will be to attempt some masking and get the other colours on it.

Thanks for looking in..

Nick.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That looks a very neat build Nick. Good luck putting it all together after painting. I find glueing parts after painting rather nerve wracking. Nice fix with the mirror.

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Love the paint work.

Loving that. Excellent paint job.

Very neat Nick, great paint job.

Thanks guys - it went pretty smoothly. I used MRP paints and I think with their thin coating and quick drying it really minimises the opportunity for bleed under the masking. I had to revisit a couple of areas where I hadn't quite got enough paint laid down, but otherwise it was quite painless. We shall see how well it all lines up once I assemble it.....

NIck

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Apologies again for the big gap between posts, but various things have kept me away from the bench lately. I have however managed to get this one to the point that I'm calling it done. After final assembly, I got the minimal decals on and then made some attempts at weathering and toning down the stark contrast in the colours. It hasn't turned out as well as I'd hoped, but if I keep meddling with it I will likely not make much improvement.

20231217_120539.jpg

More pics will shortly appear in the appropriate 'Completed' section. Thanks again to Peter for organising the group build and to everyone that looked in and commented.

Cheers, Nick.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thats a mighty fine build Nick. These odd trucks are great fillers in dioramas. A convoy of these parked along a road before a massive push would look good.

Cheers,
Wabble