Nick's Aoshima 1/12 GPz900R - Top Gun. Jakko's Movie/TV GB

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Calling this finished before it all falls apart on me. Managed to get some pictures outside this morning despite it being a bit breezy. The kit is not the best and took quite a lot of work in some areas, particularly the bodywork and exhausts. Final fitting of the bodywork was somewhat problematic and it still doesn't fit that nicely. The 'one size fits all' piping supplied for the brake hoses and cables is not really suitable for either scale-wise and therefore the routing of the clutch hose down onto the engine is not strictly correct. I managed to lose the lightly defined locations for the front indicators and the mirrors during prep of the top fairing so these are fitted in 'best-guess' locations and not quite even each side.

This is the first motorcycle kit I've completed in over forty years so I guess I shouldn't be too hard on myself and overall I'm glad to have got it completed. Thanks again to Jakko for running the Group Build and to everybody that has followed along and given encouragement. Here are the pics....

20230521_095417.jpg

20230521_094605.jpg

20230521_094709.jpg

20230521_095008.jpg

20230521_095216.jpg

20230521_100138.jpg

Nick.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Fabulous build Nick,
despite the 'hiccups' you've made a beauty out of this,looks good enough to whizz off around the forum grounds whilst singing 'danger zone' at the same time... Don't let Matron see it or else she'll be trading in her boneshaker for it and then we'll have no escape..

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
That looks really great Nick!!! Probs are the fun part of our hobby and you beat them all Sir!!! Fine looking bike...

Prost
Allen

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Fabulous build Nick,
despite the 'hiccups' you've made a beauty out of this,looks good enough to whizz off around the forum grounds whilst singing 'danger zone' at the same time... Don't let Matron see it or else she'll be trading in her boneshaker for it and then we'll have no escape..
Thanks Chris. We'll keep it hidden out of Matron's way.

Nick,
Very nicely done mate.
Cheers Scottie.

It may not be the greatest kit, but it sure looks like you’ve made it into a great model.
Thanks Jakko - probably wouldn't have made it without the Group Build to push it along.

Great job, good enough for Tom !!
Thanks Steve.

That looks really great Nick!!! Probs are the fun part of our hobby and you beat them all Sir!!! Fine looking bike...

Prost
Allen
Thank you Allen. Thats very true, and it helps us all improve along the way too.

Nick.