Nikon V's Canon?

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I have the D750 which is nikons new entry level FX body, as a kit with the 24-120mm lens it will set you back around £1500-£2000. Nikon fx lenses are from around £500 up to £10kplus.

I am a long time Nikon fan and I like the D750, but I have friends who swear by the Canons.

At the end of the day the decision is yours, and you can get excellent results with the smaller DSLRs. You probably won't see a difference unless you want poster size prints or to blow up small areas of the frame.

personally I would find a good camera shop that will let you handle them and take a few shots to see what you prefer. Things like control location is very personal although cameras like this allow some level of control reassignment. The bodies are also surprisingly heavy if you are used to compact cameras or the smaller DSLRs.

You also need to consider long term storage the D750 will give you 30MB files at full quality.

R

ROYB80

I Have a Nikon P900 and is great. It works really well and produce high quality images. I am a train Photographer that watches trains in australia and takes photos of these Amazing Machines.
I would probably prefer Nikons over Cannons Personally.

Attachments

• RSCN3644 (2).jpg
    RSCN3644 (2).jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 5
First Name
Marcello
I am sure Iwill add to your confusion, but here we go. I have been a Nikon user since ever and had a lot of lenses with my old cameras. When I decided to switch to digital I opted for Nikon again to be able mouse my lenses. then I needed to take movies and switched to Canon, for better compatibility with my editing software. I bought an adaptive ring for the lenses and I am stile able to use my Nikon lenses (in manual mode only). At the end is just a matter of personal preference considering that tech spec vary very little when you compare the same price range. I agree with all the comments above, at the end what makes the difference is your artistic perception and the story you want to tell with your pictures. For my models pictures I simply use my iPhone (for bench work shots) with all its limitations I can't complain. At least I don't have to set up the lights all the time.