Non GB GB spitfire

M

msm2

All my pics are taken with an old Kodak DX6340 3.1M using the close up application.

Tony..

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cracking model Darren, I do like the damage, not over done just enough.....Don't you just luuuurve a good ploughed field? lol

This will look the dog's when complete and judging by your progress and getting a pilot, that shouldn't be long now.

Cheers,

Ron

D

dm73

Cheers Ron, sort of nicked your idea when it came to thinking of something soft to land on, did think of a flock of sheep but couldn't find the cotton wool:cheesygrin:, pilot fitted in lovely ta.

Got to figure out how to make a field of wheat now:thinking:

Cheers

Darren

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I can't take the credit for the ploughed field. I first saw it on one of John's (Centurion3RTR) cracking armour dioramas.

Glad the pilot fitted O.K.

I think it was Dave (gern) or Scott (Noble) who has a great way of making grass ect. I think it was some sort of carpet pile. I'm sure someone will post about it!

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dm73

D

dm73

Cheers Andy and John, will be happier when i get the base finished, just wanted to try it for size.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looking good Darren, very neat little diorama too. Just the right proportions.

Ron

D

dm73

Just another little update, finished the painting on the base and just got to make a frame to go round it, looking for a suitable piece of hardwood on site but apart from that its done, really enjoyed my first GB non GB thingummy but i think i'll stick to 1/35 armour or bigger, 1/72 is just a tad small for my clumsy fingers. I'll stick some proper pictures up on the completed section once i find the camera.

View attachment 22040

View attachment 22041

View attachment 22042

Thanks all for the help and encouragement with this build.

Darren

View attachment 28915

View attachment 28916

View attachment 28917

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Clumsy fingers?...Nuts!

You have produced a very nice diorama, so don't belittle your efforts.

Very well done Darren. I await more pictures on the other side...

2 seconds to impact, tighten the straps!

Ron