North korean Mig 23 1/72

F

Fishpot11

Hello everyone,

Here is My latest built,

A mig 23 North korean air force, i used an old academy kit 1/72, the cockpit came from spare box , the pilot is pj production And the missiles belong to the dragon soviet weapons kit.

I mixer different testors for the color, steel, light grey, white, the radome is humbrol 27 and the washes from promodeller dark dirt, future to seal it,

Hope u enjoy it;)

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee503/flagon15/image-2025.jpg[/img] ']

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Like the nice obvious yet subtle weathering on the jet- great build! The aircraft seems to have that messy dirty affect where it has accumalated dirt stuck in it

W

Willi262

It has that "workhorse of the red air force" look about it. Just the right balance of care and neglect...

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice job fishpot, you know i love a russki! I really like the 23 , its just such a distinctive shape what with the u/c and the way it sits nose up, its unmistakeable. Great to see the north korean markings too , not seen very often on a 23, cheers tony

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Excellent FP, I like this very much, nice and dirty, sort of thing you would expect from a soviet machine, why I don't know. Great weathering and 'grunging'.

Si:smiling3:

F

Fishpot11

Thanks a lot Guys;)

Im Now debating between two unreal planes

Mig 37 or Su 21 for My next project ( altought su 21 Its a su 15 U)

Cheers

W

Willi262

I misread the markings... North Korea you say? Then I wonder how many would even be airworthy today...

F

Fishpot11

There was a lot of about 40 , at today tho probably less then 10?

W

Willi262

And that landing gear looks so over-engineered. Must be the maintenance man's worst nightmare! I can see a technologically stunted nation like the DPRK having a little trouble keeping their "airforce" in the air...

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
Nice work! We don't see many N. Korean models built... I'm not sure about the intake colour though - usually it's sort of a creamy colour

C

CDW

Gets my vote for two reasons.....

1. It's a nice build

2. It's korean

F

Fishpot11

Thanks inflames,

I actually built the model on the only pic available on line wich is kinda blurry, it looks like light green and the Lindell hill 1/48 decals sheet report the same , it may be wrong state the very little infos about NK Air Force tho

Cheers