I have been wanting to start this new aircraft kit for a while now, but wasn't too sure what kind of scheme I wanted to go with, hence my delay on moving forward. The kit, which I obtained from my oldest son, is the 2015 release of the Revell of Germany, 1/32 FW190 F-8, kit number 04869. When the kit came out in 2015, the reviews were generally positive, and after having (mostly) built the Bf109 G-10 that was released in 2013 by Revell, I figured it would be a good kit. My son bought it for himself, but decided he was going to pass on it for now and gave it to me. Once I cleared the bench of most of my lingering projects, I started looking for a particular aircraft I could build. Usually, when I build a kit, I like to go for something unique, or with an interesting backstory. After a bit of searching I came up with a solution. On May 8, 1945, A feldwebel in the Luftwaffe named Eugen Lörcher, decided, with the Russians closing in, to "get out of Dodge," as the American saying goes. Like most German military personnel, the idea of being captured by the Russians was not the least bit acceptable. So, Fw Lörcher rounded up his fiance, packed her into the fuselage via the radio access panel, and headed for home from his base in Czechoslovakia. Flying at low altitude to avoid enemy fighters, but leaving himself open to ground fire, he eventually made a successful belly landing near his parents home. He and his fiance were unharmed, and eventually got married. I have also read that he and his wife returned every year to the crash sight to toast their successful escape with champagne. After I decided on this scheme, I had to find a decal set for this particular subject. After a short search, I found a set from EagleCals. The markings I will be using are for Black 3 at the bottom. Another reason I chose this particular aircraft, is the somewhat unique paint scheme. The fuselage sides and lower surfaces are bare metal, with a very faint mottling on the upper sides and tail, with camo colors on the top of the fuselage and the tops of the wings. The elevators and rudder are coated with red oxide primer. Another interesting tidbit on this project: I have never painted a bare metal finish model of any kind. Should be interesting. At this point of the build, I have built and painted the cockpit components, assembled the aftermarket seatbelts, and started painting the inside fuselage parts for assembly. I will be painting this plane with Tamiya paints for the most part, with the exception of the bare metal which will be Vallejo brand metal paint. So, stay tuned if you want to follow along. This won't be a blow by blow build log, but more of an occasional update as I progress.