One of life's little curve balls

F

Fenlander

I bet no one thought they would see this coming off my bench.

RMS Titanic, Revell kit with two scales, this is the larger of the two. Now I will be honest. I would never have bought this kit but it was yet another of my birthday presents, this time from my daughter. Bless her, I love her to bits but she has no idea what kits I would like and this is what makes the ones she buys so special. They are always something I would never consider and as such are always a surprise and sometimes a challenge.

This was actually good fun to build, very basic and showing it's age, 1984 but still builds into a pleasing model. It was always my intention to just build it using the paints that come with it and the string for the aerials. Not my finest build but, as said, a great surprise and lots of fun. The smaller of the two I am keeping for one of those times when I get stuck and need to do something off the wall.

Ice anyone?????

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
looks good mate, all you need now is a model iceberg
Mine kept melting!

Nice job on the Titanic Graham, it certainly is a curve ball from you.

Cheers

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I gave thanks when she "retired"......and she bloody well came back after a mere two years respite.

Canada must be held responsible. Can't the government pass a law prohibiting her from singing :ranting2:

Cheers

Steve

S

Sky Raider

Fantastic job Graham. I wouldnt try it out off dry dock though if i was you lol.

Cheers

Andy

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a nice, clean OOB build Graham. Does your daughter like it now it's finished?

Gern

F

Fenlander

Cheers guys. Yes Dave, she was over for dinner on Sunday and saw it then, finished apart from decals :smiling:

S

snapper41

I know what you mean about models bought by a loved one. SWMBO got me the Revell 1/96 Saturn V for Christmas last year - it's an awful kit; so bad, I gave up on it. I felt terrible as she'd got it for me, and gone to great lengths to do so.

C

CDW

\ said:
And that woman who thinks she can sing .............
The one with a face as long as a grimmacing horse and a voice that sounds like a couple of wild boar have their testicles trapped in a gate ??????? i think i know who you mean :smiling3: :smiling3:

\ said:
Can't the government pass a law prohibiting her from singing
We can only hope ... do they have the death penalty there as a matter of interest ?

Ps ... nice build Graham ... never built a boat/ship as of yet ... might have a bash seeing this :smiling3: