opinions please

D

dubster72

I think it looks very good Peter. One thing to consider is that the mottle would be more on the upper sides of the fuselage, so you'd need to go over the lower sections with the light blue again.

Other than that, with a little lateral thinking, who needs an airbrush? ;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job peter , its a good way of acheiving a consistent mottle ,in fact Eduard and a few other companies do PE ones in various scales that do the exact same job but cost a pretty penny - yours is just as effective but costs nothing! cheers tony

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
More opinions please as I have had a second go at the stencil technique soP1030089.JPG more comments are welcome

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I like it peter abs defo like the scratch mottke you have done. I bought a metel fret that was supposed to recreate mottled effect and this didn't work with my 1/48 me110 ( still going to try more ideas ( possibly I could borrow yours ( tee hee
Well my 110 still need finished
I think the mottle is good and although as others say if it went down as far as the Rlm blue then the mottling should decrease nearer the undersides imho

Hope this helps

Regards

Robert

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
You might find a small mask easier to handle than a full length one. I did a bit of mottling on a small 1:72 Me 109 once. OK it was small, but rather than make one mask for the whole model, I just made a small one and moved it around, changed its orientation etc.

J

just dave

Nice idea with the homemade stencil. I like Colin's suggestion too!

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
I like your thinking, but I think that this is more of a free hand affair....o_O

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
I can't wait to see your take on the 262 nightfighter, I've got to be honest though for some reason I don't think your gonna get the desired mottled effect with your stencil, it looks too heavy and messy in mho. Why not try freehand airbrushing I think you'll get a better and more satisfying finish.