P-51B 'Scarlet Kate' 1/72

First Name
Mike
Academy 1/72 kit. I built this at the same time as a Revell P-51B as a comparison of the two kits. This one has a True Details cockpit set though nothing can be seen of it through the canopy Decals are home-made, invasion stripes are painted.

H

Hunty22

Excellent job. I love the detail on such a small model.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nicely done indeed. You've certainly cracked the NMF which is unforgiving to put it mildly.

Cheers

Steve

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
That is some very nice work there Mike, and in 1/72 scale too. With the amount of detail i would say 1/32, love it bud a big five.

Have fun, John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi mike, fantastic clean build , top work. cheers tony

C

Caledonia

Hi Mike, one to be very very proud of, stunning paint job with nicely highlighted panel lines and rivets all at 1/72 - 5 Star from me too. Cheers Derek

First Name
Mike
Thanks for the positive feedback, I appreciate the kind comments. :smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A really good model - nice one. But which did you prefer Revell or Academy ? Both can be very good, but I've never done a back to back.

Regards

Colin m.......

First Name
Mike
Thanks for the comment Colin. The Academy is probably slightly easier to build (except for an annoying rear fuselage join that needs cleaning up) but I think the Revell has the edge in accuracy, though it's also a pretty straightforward build. Here's the Revell kit for comparison:-

R

Richy C

WOW , for a 1/72 thats a fantastic build , not sure I could get any that level doing 1/48 or 1/24 scale build

Richy

C

CDW

Stunning!!!

If i get even half way there with my next aircraft build then i'm having a street party to celebrate !!!! :smiling3:

First Name
Mike
Thanks again guys for taking the time to look and comment – much appreciated.

A

andygh

That's beautiful and illustrates perfectly why I don't build many aircraft any more, I couldn't get within a million miles of that quality. I'd give it 10 stars if I could

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well Mike, they both look brilliant, I'm sure I couldn't tell them apart. The nose to nose shot interesting showing just a slight difference in height. Not that this would bother me, both look great. I'm going to have to have a go at this natural metal stuff.

Regards

Colin m.......