Paint Conversion from Revell to Tamiya Please

First Name
Ben
Hi Guys and girls hope we are all doing well,

A little help would be great please I'm looking at starting my Lancaster Build from Revell very soon, Could any one point me in the right direction to what Tamiya paints I'm going to need for the kit please

Also I'm going to be documenting the build on this forum and YouTube ill let you all know when its started if this is something you guys would be interested in especially the YouTube videos let me know

until we meet again ..............

Happy Building peeps :tongue-out3:

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 2

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Rather than converting paints, doing a little reading on what the real schemes used is often a better idea. You can then match that to your favourite model paints without converting possibly very inaccurate colours to others :smiling3:

This is a good place to look — it says bombers were painted Dark Green, Dark Earth and Matt Black, and then gives recommended model paints for those. Or you could also buy a paint set specifically intended for WWII RAF bombers, which several paint manufacturers offer.

First Name
Ben
Rather than converting paints, doing a little reading on what the real schemes used is often a better idea. You can then match that to your favourite model paints without converting possibly very inaccurate colours to others :smiling3:

This is a good place to look — it says bombers were painted Dark Green, Dark Earth and Matt Black, and then gives recommended model paints for those. Or you could also buy a paint set specifically intended for WWII RAF bombers, which several paint manufacturers offer.
Great idea Thank you for that, yes I was wondering if I should buy a paint pack for the build saves me having to mess around then.. Thanks again