Painting a T-34/85

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Well Patrick, what can i say. This is marvelous mate, the weathering is spot on. Really looking forward to the dio .

:respect1: John

R

Richy C

I can only add what the other guys have said - 1st class , or in a modelling terms you get 5 stars mate.

Richy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Well done Patrick, it's a credit to you. My sincere congrats. on an excellent piece of work.

Ron

N

noble

Patrick this is breath taking the finish and weathering are second to none, the chipping is superb beautiful, a couple of questions if you don't mind first when applying your washes were they all over the hull or just in certain places, and second were all wash colours mixed together as one or mixed with one other colour at a time? Again mate outstanding and you definately deserve 5 stars for these threads.

scott

D

dubster72

Thanks everyone for you kind words, I have to admit that being able to post pics of my work adds to the pleasure of making the models if other people enjoy seeing them. With regard to the washes Scott, I'd read articles about using different colours in different areas, so that's what I tried to do here-darker ones over the engine deck & lighter, browner ones in other areas. It slows things up as I had to wait for each wash to dry (and as you know, being oils, they can take a while!)I think it worked out well, giving a slightly different look and helping to break up what would otherwise be a boring lump of green! I'm still experimenting though, and learning all the time ;o)

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I said last week that I was running out of superlatives for the stuff that keeps appearing here! Patrick, I wish I'd seen this BEFORE I'd run out; then I'd have something wonderful to say about this! As it is, I'm gobsmacked.

Gern

D

dubster72

Thanks Gern, I think we'd agree that the standard from everyone on here is getting better & better which is never a bad thing.

G

gbkirsch

I have never built a Dragon kit so thanks for posting Patrick...

Gary

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That looks very,very nice. Excellent wear and tear.

Cheers

Steve

D

dubster72

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
patrick ,the finish on this is just absolutely superb , photo realistic. you must be well chuffed.im giving you top marks i love it! come on the russians!! cheers tony

F

Fenlander

This is a stunning build Patrick and you have a masterpiece on your hands. Not only that but you have shared the whole experience and technique but you have done it in such a way that this thread will be essential reading for anyone doing armour. I know I will be reading and re-reading before I start painting my Hanomag which will be my prelude to some heavy metal. Well done and thank you for sharing your techniques so well.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry to be a bit late adding to the comments, I have just nipped to John's house to collect my award......he was out!!!lol

Not much I can add to what has gone before except to say it is a truly superb job, very well done Patrick.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Patrick, i'm gobsmacked mate. The paint/weathering is spot on, i'm looking forward to see the dio.

:no1b: Top work, John

D

dubster72

Cheers lads! I really enjoyed making this kit & the painting process was fun. I learnt a lot which is what tis is all about. The dio will be done as soon as I can finish my Mini Art house!Patrick