Painting small recessed lettering

T

treyzx10r

here is a trick I picked up that is useful for things that have small recessed letters. The Brembo lettering on this caliper is so small its a struggle to try and hand paint it but using trick has worked well for me.

started off with the basic color (needs to be gloss you can always hit it with dullcoat later if needed)applied and thoroughly dry

using red to 'fill' in the lettering and have lots of tape standing by

here the red paint has been allowed to pool over

then quickly apply the tape and pull the excess paint off the surface,might take several applications

after letting it dry you can touch up if needed and add wash,details ect.

hope someone finds this helpful thanks Trey

D

Dux

This is great! I was looking for help on this very topic (same caliper and everything). How long did you let the red paint stand before applying the tape?

First Name
Dave
Not my thread, but i would have thought it best to put tape on whilst red paint is wet.Be harder to remove when dry.And you will risk pulling off the gold along with the dried on red.

T

treyzx10r

\ said:
Not my thread, but i would have thought it best to put tape on whilst red paint is wet.Be harder to remove when dry.And you will risk pulling off the gold along with the dried on red.
Dave the notes in between the pics might not stand out good but thats why it says 'have plenty of tape ready' and then 'quickly apply the tape 'ect never said let it dry first you're right that would be counter productive! ;) thanks Trey