Pak 40 urban ambush

Starting my 2nd small diorama. It will be a pak 40 firing from a ruined house.
For me this is a case of trying to push my modelling a little further.
Hope you guys can help where I might need and point out (nicely) any mistakes i will no doubt make.

And italeris house corner that i gave a quick interior. Just some inner walls and floors. It looks a bit rough but will be cleaned uo a bit later.20170828_191345.jpg 20170828_191318.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Good start, Shaun. Looks well.

Quick question. Why clean anything up? Rough is beautiful. Keep in mind, the building has been bombed to hell and back!

Cheers,
Ron

Good start, Shaun. Looks well.

Quick question. Why clean anything up? Rough is beautiful. Keep in mind, the building has been bombed to hell and back!

Cheers,
Ron
Very true. Not entirely sure what I meant by cleaning it up.

My house had an unfortunate meeting the floor. It will be used for another project later on.
My pak 40 will now have a more rural setting.15050634912481637469151.jpg

J

Jack10

Look forward to the final diorama mate I've just built the same Tamiya kit and am also building a diorama for it Be interesting to compare final pieces. I'm exactly the same doing these little kits and dioramas to try improve my basic modelling skills as I'm very new to it

Look forward to the final diorama mate I've just built the same Tamiya kit and am also building a diorama for it Be interesting to compare final pieces. I'm exactly the same doing these little kits and dioramas to try improve my basic modelling skills as I'm very new to it
I will definitely keep an eye out for yours. I need to do more to try to improve. My problem is that I get stuck in a single way of doing things and don't try anything new. My aim is to change this.

J

Jack10

Thanks. Building a bigger base at the moment to put the pak on. Going to have it firing from behind a destroyed wall and going to add some dragon figures I bought to create a little scene

J

Jack10

Also shame about the destroyed building it looked like a nice little piece

Thanks. Building a bigger base at the moment to put the pak on. Going to have it firing from behind a destroyed wall and going to add some dragon figures I bought to create a little scene
I would love to get my hands on some new figures but I can't afford it.

A little progress. Next step will be adding bushes and long grass along the fence. Also realised that i haven't even built my figures yet.20170911_234937.jpg 20170911_234912.jpg

J

Jack10

Looking good Shaun it's coming along nicely. for the figures I watch a lot of Shane smyth on YouTube. Does a lot of german figure painting on his tutorials. My figure painting has improved a lot from watching his vids

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice work, Shaun.

I particularly like the varied shades on your fence. Little details like that make all the difference to the finished build.

Ron

Nice work, Shaun.

I particularly like the varied shades on your fence. Little details like that make all the difference to the finished build.

Ron
Thanks. It turned out better than I thought it would. It will look quite good in the overgrown bushes.

Looking good Shaun it's coming along nicely. for the figures I watch a lot of Shane smyth on YouTube. Does a lot of german figure painting on his tutorials. My figure painting has improved a lot from watching his vids
Thanks Jack. I will take a look. I have Shep paines armour building book and that looks quite informative.