Panel lines

First Name
Dave
This has provided some interesting reading and the mention of a few techniques I'll have to look up.

Dave

L

Laurie

Yes very interesting article Dave.

So many ways of doing things and great to see so many with their different preferences.

I have got to say that I have preferences but due to my nature I look adopt but most important change and experiment as I found and also think up myself.

Although I do have preferences that does not stop me admiring work carried out which is not my preference. I would not criticise any form or discount it.

I think this article has shown that model making is not just sticking bits of plastic together.

I was with a new acquaintance recently and he being an artist and graphic man asked me what I did for pleasure. I said I made plastic model aircraft.

Well there was a sudden break in the flow of the conversation. I said but you obviously do not know what can be achieved. He said no but unconvincingly.

By chance I had my Ipad (a 76 year old up to date character:eek:smiling3:. So I brought up some of my models and showed him a variety of random models on this forum. He was gob smacked to find what could be done and in so many different and varied ways.

So there is an artist, and his work was very good indeed, inspired by what we have achieved. For me I think some of the work here is of a very very high artistic standard and even during the near 5 year on this forum I have noticed the change from not just producing well finished models but the artistic work achieved and put into so many.

Laurie

S

steve scan

Always thought of the washing and weathering we do as a kind of arty thing.

L

Laurie

\ said:
Always thought of the washing and weathering we do as a kind of arty thing.
Not wrong there Steve. A creation of your own in which your own senses dictate to give satisfaction to yourself and others.

Laurie

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
If memory serves, we did a similar discussion recently about hard/soft demarcation between camouflage colours. I suspect there's a similar issue here. We know aircraft are made from panels so there's some sort of expectation that we should be able to see the joins between them. It's your decision as a modeller to decide how strongly the joins should be shown - or whether they should be there at all given the scale factors involved.

S

Stevekir

\ said:
........is an instructional film which gives an idea of how carefully finished a high speed aircraft, in this case a Spitfire, was supposed to be. This is at a maintenance unit, not the point of manufacture.

http://www.awm.gov.au/collection/F02334/

Cheer
I love these old movies in 1940s Britspeak, especiaaly "30 maaalspraa" and similar.