papa 695s 1/35 British Saladin Mk2

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ian.
Looking good, glad that frame went well. Reminded me of a truck like chassis where I always seem to fail.
Office and those figures look good.
John

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ian
An excellent idea to go with the box art. Forced perspective is something I've heard of but not seen done so really interesting. Great start on the helicopter. The tail does look rather fiddly and fragile. Pilots work a treat.
Jim

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Just caught up with the build Ian. The Saladin looks great, nice addition of the tow rope etc. Good luck with the Sioux, looking good so far, should complement the scene well.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
My GB Sioux took me months... You're going to crack this one out in no time Ian, nice work

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
My GB Sioux took me months... You're going to crack this one out in no time Ian, nice work
Thanks Joe it is a nice little kit, I've had no problem with it at all (so far ), just needed to fill a small gap between the glass doors and main bubble canopy, and i mean small.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Looking really good Ian. On mine the canopy overhung the front of the cockpit, and the doors didn't fit at all, so maybe I got a bad one. Otherwise it's a nice kit to build , isn't it.

Pete

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Ian, nice AH-1. I would have loved getting those figures you got but I had to contend with modifying mine which you'll see in my UH-34 dio blog.

I may have a AH-1 in the stash...two in fact , one is a MASH version and the other has flat fuel tanks. Watching how you do yours for my future build.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ian .
Hat off to you all that thin structure is excellent. Looking fwd to seeing the canopy reveal when the mask comes off .
John .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Popped in to see how things are going and you have certainly come along way with the chopper. Looking for to seeing the final reveal. Great stuff mate