papa 695s 1/72 C130 Hercules

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian

0ne48thtel

Ian if I am not much mistaken the RAF serials they have given for this Mk of herc are wrong. The J variants were serialed from ZH865 through to ZH889. The K variants were serialed with the XV prefix I may be wrong but I am sure this is the case.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
As has been said several times four engines in military service so no need to make it drop bombs.

0ne48thtel

Just have a mother load of ordnance on the ramp palletised. it's dropping bombs just not in the conventional sense. ;)

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
As has been said several times four engines in military service so no need to make it drop bombs.
I was under the impression that it was four engined bombers.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
http://www.ukserials.com/results.php?serial=XV

The Italeri serial XV610 belonged to a Phantom FG.1. Not that you'll be using those anyway by the looks of it.

I can't recall ever seeing a Royal Air Force C-130J in that desert scheme, so be interesting to see what it looks like. The older C-130K and stretched version of that wore those schemes for many years.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I was under the impression that it was four engined bombers.
It got changed to any four engined military aircraft that's why I chose this over the Lancaster

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
The Italeri serial XV610 belonged to a Phantom FG.1. Not that you'll be using those anyway by the looks of it.

I can't recall ever seeing a Royal Air Force C-130J in that desert scheme, so be interesting to see what it looks like. The older C-130K and stretched version of that wore those schemes for many years.
I'm not going for an exact copy just a likeness for a diorama I have in mind for it

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
It got changed to any four engined military aircraft that's why I chose this over the Lancaster
Perhaps the GB title should be amended then...to avoid any confusion.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
I'm not going for an exact copy just a likeness for a diorama I have in mind for it
It will look awesome in that scheme Ian. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us with this one.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Perhaps the GB title should be amended then...to avoid any confusion.
It does say in the description that it is for any military aeroplane with four or more engines, and the title was what the original suggestion was. I recall that some thought it to restrictive with just bombers.....

Also the title would be to long, max 50 characters and not to mention that four engined aeroplanes in any form of military service, don't exactly roll off the tongue.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Ian I know I'm a pain but could you please put this one in the correct build. section

Many thanks

First Name
Dave
\ said:

XV604 to XV610 were planned serial numbers for Royal Navy F4K's, but the orders were not taken up.So XV610 only existed on paper.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Looking forward to seeing this built Ian.Ive always liked the Hercules.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That's a nice scheme, and looks very smart in that RAF (1980s?) camouflage. I too have always liked the C-130. RNZAF C-130s are commemorating 50 years of service in 2015. Granddad's axe with various new handles, the Hercules has to be one of the most versatile and hardest worked aeroplane types in the world.

View attachment 106041

NZ-5TH-HERC.jpg